Ohio Christian University, Circleville, Ohio
February 17 & 18, 2023
Team Debate: One judge per team is required, we prefer a judge from each debaterÕs family*
Individual Events (I.E.): One judge per student is required (maximum two per family). Please register both parents if possible to help with the judge pool.*
*Please note that Hosting Clubs have additional recruiting expectations.
- All parents who will be at the tournament must register on the Tournament Student Registration under the Judges Tab.
- Parents are expected to be available to judge the entire tournament and be available for all rounds. If this is not possible, then additional Guest Judges must be recruited to cover this need.
- To fulfill your judge requirements, first register both parents as judges and then recruit Guest Judges. Alumni are added under the Guest Judge tab, not in the parent judge section.
- If a parent is committed to serve as tournament staff in a non-judging capacity, please still register as a parent judge, but put your staff commitment in the notes field, so we know when you might be available to judge.
- If you do have a job for the whole tournament and will not be available for judging, you must replace yourself with guest judges. Be sure your guest judge puts your name in the recruited by field so we can keep track.
Parent judge registrations must be completed before the tournament registration close date of January 26, 2023.
- Guest Judges are anyone other than a parent. Other family members and Alumni are considered Guest Judges.
- Please access the Guest Judge registration link on joyoftournaments.com/cca/ocu to register Guest Judges.
- Alumni - Please put in the notes section the club with which you competed, the year you graduated, and any relatives still involved (especially if last names are different.)
- Guest Judge registrations are open through 7:00 p.m., Monday February 13th, 2023.
For all parent and guest judge registrations, complete information must be submitted:
Restrictions (Parents need NOT list your own children (please list those for whom you have directly been the primary coach, or those whom you cannot judge without bias - we do not block whole clubs)
Biographical information (parents too, used for Debate Judge Bios postings and to help us place judges in events)
For Guest JudgesÑthe name of the CCA family who recruited you should be listed in the "Recruited by" field.
For questions and further clarification contact
the Judge Coordinator, Tom Grim firstname.lastname@example.org