Registrations open: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 7am
Registrations close: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 7pm
Fees due: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 7pm
- Team Debate: $35.00 per individual
- Individual Events:
- Varsity $30.00 for first event, $5 each additional (13 year olds limit of 2 events, 14-18 limit of three events)
- JV $30.00 (one event only)
- Junior $25.00 (one event only)
- Team Debate - Varsity
- Team Debate – Novice (both team members must be first year debaters)
Individual Events (I.E.):
- Junior (JR): Prose
- Junior Varsity (JV):
o News Analysis
o Impromptu *
o Extemporaneous Apologetics
o Dramatic Interpretation
*Reminder – According to the Division Eligibility Link on the CCA Website:
beginning with the 2022 season, students are limited to 2 consecutive seasons of competing in Impromptu at one or more CCA tournaments per season.
This means that if you competed in impromptu last year, this is your only other year you can compete in impromptu. If this is your first year competing in impromptu, you will only be able to compete in impromptu this year and next.
Interpretation and Public Address events must have a script for submission at student registration check-in. Read the IE Criteria & Competitor Standards under the Speech tab on the CCA website (ccadebate.org) carefully to ensure your script is submitted properly.
The Division Eligibilty link also specifies that 13 year olds can only do 2 IE events. See the Division Eligibility document on the Speech tab at ccadebate.org for clarification.
- There is a cafeteria and a snack bar at the university.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and cooler. No crockpots.
- Limited local fast food is available, but it is highly recommended that healthy snacks and water bottles be brought for quick nourishment between rounds.
Tournament Location: Ohio Christian University
1476 Lancaster Pike
Circleville, OH 43113
To access an Ohio Christian University campus map, click this link and click the pdf map at the top of the page: PDF map available here