It is our pleasure to invite you to Natrona County High School's NIETOC Mustang Classic Invitational Speech and Debate Tournament. Below you will find information regarding the Mustang Classic.
If you have questions, contact:
Head Coach Mary Hoard at (307) 253-1701 (work) or (307) 259-8745 (cell) email@example.com
Assistant Coach Jen Beagles: 307-277-4415 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach Catherine Kellick: 307-259-8984
We hope you plan to attend our tournament scheduled for February 1st & 2nd, 2019.
This year, we will again be using the Joy of Tournaments site for registration purposes. Please feel free to make changes until the day of the tournament. Thursday night at 10:00p.m., the website will close and the entries will be pulled. After that time, if you still have last minute changes, call Mary at 307-259-8745.
Here are a few reminders:
1. Please enter drops on the website ASAP so we can plan for numbers. We will prepare school entry fee bills for the Mustang Classic on Thursday evening, January 31st, 2019.
2. Registration will be held in the foyer in front of the library in the new building. NCHS will dismiss at 3:25PM. Registration will begin at 2:30PM and end at 3:30PM.
3. Entries are limited to eight per event, with the possibility of some additional upon request and as space allows.
4. Schools are encouraged to bring accompanying judges (former students, college students, etc.). We can always use DEBATE judges! Please let us know if you are able to bring any judges so we can schedule them. We will be paying College Judges $5 per round.
5. Food and refreshments will be provided for coaches and judges in the area in front of the library on the second floor.
6. A concession stand will be open in the cafeteria in the Commons area of the new building during the tournament. We will accept school vouchers at the concessions stand. Please also remind participants that the pop machines and vending machines will be turned off. There will be NO REFUNDS for money lost in machines.
7. NO PORTABLE STEREOS or boom boxes will be allowed inside the building. Encourage your team members to use headphones so they don’t disrupt others.
8. Food and drink must remain in the cafeteria in the Commons area of the new building.
9. NO smoking will be allowed in the building or on the school campus, including the parking areas.
10. Participants may double or triple at their own risk. NO TRIPLING IN THE SAME PATTERN. Judges will be told to wait 15 minutes. After that, the student will surrender the round or take a no-show in the event.
11. Due to the 4 p.m. start time on Friday, only three rounds of individual events will be run.
12. The Tab Room will be open to COACHES only and will be located in the library.
13. Students should not enter a room without a judge present.
14. A lost and found will be located at the judge’s table in front of the library in the new building.
15. The NC Forensics team will be providing a dinner Friday night featuring baked potato bar, toppings, and chili, salad, dessert and beverage for $6.00. Lunch Saturday features a sandwich, chips, dessert and beverage for $6.00. See meals tab for group specials!
16. Trophies will be awarded to 1st through sixth place finishers in I.E.
17. Debaters will receive trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
18.1st, 2nd, and third place sweepstakes trophies will be awarded to the top schools in each of the following categories: 1A/2A, 3A, and 4A.
19. All entries count as a single entry towards sweepstakes including CX.
20. The cost for each single entry is $10.00, and $20 for Duet, Public Forum and CX. Friday's dinner, Saturday's lunch, and entry fees may be paid for with one voucher.
21. CONGRESS: Bills due Friday, Jan. 18. Email Congress Bills to email@example.com and label House or Senate. On Monday, Jan. 21st, Congress Bills will be posted. Debate order will be set in each chamber. Each student should bring a copy of the docket found in the Congress tab. Priority for the docket will be as follows: first, those in the chamber; second, those on the docket; third, walk-in bills. Super Congress bills will be drawn from the 2018 National Tournament (Semis and Finals bills found on NSDA website).
22. We will be using the current debate topics for the month of February 2018 and for the year in policy debate.
-- 2108-2019 Policy Debate Topic Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduced its restrictions on legal immigration to the United States.
--2019 January/February Lincoln Douglas Topic: Resolved: The United States ought not provide military aid to authoritarian regimes.
--2019 February Public Forum Topic Area: Resolved: The United States should end its arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
*Please sign up for your meals on the JOT website.
We look forward to seeing you all in February!
(307) 259-8745 (cell)