January 17-18, 2020
CAMPBELL COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
FAX (307) 687-0032 – PHONE: (307) 682-7247 (Main Office) 682-0369 (Activities)
1000 CAMEL DRIVE--GILLETTE, WY 82716-4950
The coaches and competitors of the CCHS Speech & Debate team cordially invite you to the 2019 Camel Classic tournament to be held January 17 and 18. This year’s tournament will provide excellent competition for your students.
County High School North Campus
- Registration from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM
- Four preliminary rounds in debate, begins on Friday at 4:00 PM
- Three preliminary rounds for interpretation, begins on Friday at 5:30 PM
As the timetable for this year has been updated, please see the accompanying schedule. We intend to have everyone on the road back home by 7:00 PM on Saturday.
Competitors may participate in one or two events:
- L-D (Jan./Feb. topic) •PF (Jan. topic)
- Drama •Duet •Humor •Oratory
- Poetry •Impromptu •Informative •Program Oral Interpretation
- Congressional Debate (held in HOPE pattern)
- Extemporaneous Speaking (pooling international and domestic topics)
A fun event in which competitors are given topics covering a variety of subject matter and allowed seven minutes to use as they please (i.e. three minutes to prepare and four minutes to speak).
- No tripling
- PF and LD debaters may double but need to attend their debate first. Rounds will proceed at the scheduled time
- Extempers may not double in impromptu
- Congress bills need to be emailed to email@example.com by January 10th. The bills will be uploaded to Joy at that time.
This year we are asking each school to supply one debate judge and one IE judge, or there will be a $15.00 missing judge fee. Pease let us know the names of judges via the registration tab on Joy. Any extra judges who wish to accompany your team would be extremely appreciated.
While we will do our best to avoid it, all coaches may be called upon for judging; therefore, we ask coaches to remain in the auditorium until rounds start. We will run tabulation and call for judges in the auditorium.
Students are asked to remain in the commons area between rounds and during finals. The competitors need to be courteous to the judges and other competitors by remaining in competition rooms - unless they are double- flighted. Students need to inform their judge of doubling within the pattern and request permission before leaving rounds.
- Registration on Friday, Jan. 18, in the CCHS auditorium from 2:30 P.M. -3:30 PM
- CCHS classes get dismissed at 3:00pm, please keeps students outside until school ends
- Packets and codes distributed during registration
- Joy will remain open for drops until 6:00pm on Thursday, January 16
- Call changes into Sarah at 307-689-6352
- Drop charges of $10.00 will be added for any drops that occur January 15th 11:30 PM.
Current restrictions are in place to help teams gain access to all events; however, we do not see any issues with getting competitors into the events they want. Please use the waitlist feature.
$9.00 for Congress, Drama, Humor, Poetry, Impromptu, Extemporaneous, LD, Oratory, POI, Informative
$16.00 for PF & Duet
- Available on Saturday
- Cost of $6.00.
- Potato Bar, sides, and drink
The concessions stand will be open on Friday and Saturday and is now ran by our Booster Club. I am waiting to see if they will have a dinner option avaible and also if they will accept vouchers.
We hope you will be joining us to make this tournament better than ever.
Coaches: Sarah Bessette & Tim Bessette
CCHS Speech & Debate Team