Invitational UIL Meet
Wink Junior High/High School
Wink, Texas 79789
432.527.3880 ext. 8073
Dear Principal/UIL Coordinator:
You and your students are invited to attend the Wink High School Invitational UIL Meet to be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019. We will be offering all UIL academic events but we will not have the programming portion of Computer Science. We will be having the speech portion of the UIL contest and will offer Prose, Poetry, LD and Extemporaneous Speaking events. Most of the contest directors have ordered tests from independent vendors (Hexco, TMSCA, and Maverick Productions). There will not be any team events. However, Math, Calculator Apps, Number Sense and Science will be divided by grade levels and the top 3 places will be awarded as well as the overall winners. The schedule of events and times are on the attached page.
- The cost per entry for academic events is $10.00. Entries in Journalism and Ready Writing are limited to 6 per school.
- Speech and Debate entries are $15.00 per entry. You are required to provide a speaking judge for the day. If you are not providing a judge, you will need to pay a $35.00 judge fee for each event category your school enters. Categories are: LD Debate, Oral Interpretation (Prose/Poetry), Extemporaneous Speaking (Informative/Persuasive)
- Please do not enter students in Computer Applications unless you can provide someone to grade from your school.
- Coaches are asked to help grade all other events also. Grading will be done in the Family and Consumer Science classrooms and across the hall in the science labs.
- Journalism and Ready Writing judges will be provided.
- The Spelling and Vocabulary contest will be completed on computer.
- Prose and Poetry will be perfomers choice for the day but should fit the UIL Categories.
Please list the name of your judge for speaking events on the entry sheet. Your judge will be reponsible for judging events in the time slot in which you have students entered.
The judge fee will be in addition to your entry fee. Please add the amount to your PO, check or cash payment.
Coaches can pick up results and awards at the end of the meet.
We will be using the Joy of Tournaments website for entries. Log onto www.joyoftournaments.com/tx/wink to input your students. Entries must be finalized by Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
No additional entries after February 6th. Substitutions will be allowed. Please bring a check, cash or a PO to the meet to pay for your entries in accordance to the Joy of Tournaments website. We will print your invoice from the site.
We look forward to hosting this meet and will see you on February 9th.
Vonda K. Warren