We are thrilled to invite you to attend the 2018 Bearcat Fall Invitational at Sherman High School. Our tournament will be held Saturday, December 1, 2018, at Sherman High School (2201 East Lamar, Sherman, TX 75090). Our tournament will be a Northeast Texas Debate Association (NTDA) qualifier.
We will offer the following events:
- Varsity Policy (CX) Debate
- Novice Policy (CX) Debate
- Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Public Forum Debate
- Informative Extemporaneous Speaking
- Persuasive Extemporaneous Speaking
- Prose Interpretation
- Poetry Interpretation
- Program of Interpretation (POI)
- Original Oratory
- NSDA Informative Speaking
- Student Congress (Using preliminary district legislation from participating schools' ESC Regions)
- Humorous Interpretation
- Dramatic Interpretation
- Duo Interpretation
At least 3 schools must register for the NSDA events for those events to “make”.
The debate events will use the current UIL topics and the IE’s will follow official UIL and NSDA rules. Each debater will receive three rounds of competition and each individual events competitor will receive two guaranteed rounds of competition. We may collapse events if the number of entries do not warrant such division or add rounds if absolutely necessary.
We hope that you will consider joining us at the Bearcat Fall Invitational!
Director of Speech and Debate
Sherman High School
For more specific tournament questions, please contact Christopher Dickson via email at email@example.com or by phone at 512-757-9736.