The 21st Annual Ronald Reagan “Dutch” Invitational
Speech and Debate Tournament
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any interp changes and email@example.com for any debate changes
We are proud to announce the twentieth annual Ronald Reagan “Dutch” Invitational will take place on October 18-19, 2019. Please note IEs are on Saturday only. We are offering four preliminary rounds of novice and varsity LD, PF, and CX. We are also offering two preliminary rounds of all the individual events and duet/duo. Do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance your tournament experience.
The Reagan Dutch Invitational is a qualifier for the National Individual Events Tournament of Champions (NIETOC)! Bids will be awarded based on the number of entries in each qualifying event.
Important Information & Deadlines
1. All school entries must be submitted online via Joy of Tournaments by 4pm on
Tuesday, October 15th.
2. Any drops after 4:00 pm Wednesday, October 16th will incur a loss of entry fee.
3. Confirmation of entry may be e-mailed through Joy of Tournaments upon receipt of entry.
4. If you do not receive a confirmation form within two days, please email to confirm that your entry was received.
5. Drops after noon on Thursday, October 17th will incur a loss of twice the entry fee.
(Please just avoid this situation if AT ALL possible. We want a well-run tournament, not your money!)
6. Student Congress legislation used will be Items 1-15 in Prelims Items 16-30 in Super Congress.
7. DO NOT ARRIVE ON CAMPUS BEFORE 4:30, if you arrive early you will be asked to leave. (Unfortunately campus police will be strict about this, not OUR decision) There are many eating establishments in the area you may go to if you arrive early.
8. This year we may be using a mix of citizen judges as well as debate judges in public forum.
9. NLD will use the current TFA Topic, not the NSDA novice topic.
10. Please make checks out to the Ronald Reagan Forensic League (or RRFL)
Entry Information and Events
Please use Joy of Tournaments to submit your entries. E-mail any changes after submitting your initial entry. All Texas Forensic Association rules will be followed. If you need a copy of the rules, they are available at www.txfa.org.
Ronald Reagan High School 19000 Ronald Reagan Dr San Antonio, TX 78258
Coach Phone: 210-356-1890
School Fax: 210-482-2222
We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you would like to judge, please contact:
Philip DiPiazza for Debate judging (contracts) and Brian Eanes for Interp (ie) judging (volunteers)
Philip DiPiazza Brian Eanes