Prosper High School UIL Invitational
(Large School/Small School)
Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive
Prosper, TX 75078
Prosper High School would like to invite you to the Prosper High School UIL Tournament. The tournament will be held on February 22-23, 2019. This tournament will offer all UIL Academic contests as well as a full slate of UIL/NSDA speech and debate events. There are four guaranteed rounds of debate.
In UIL Academic Events, we will have a small school category for schools 1A - 3A and a large school category for schools 4A - 6A. Private schools should contact the Academic Coordinator listed below to determine which category in which to compete.
WE ARE OFFERING ALL UIL ACADEMIC EVENTS USING UIL SET B MATERIALS.
We will provide computers and printing for all Journalism and Ready Writing events!
DEADLINES: Entries must be completed by February 18th at 4:00 pm.
- Drops made after February 20th at 4:00 pm will result in the loss of your entry fee and any judge fees attached.
Due to the size of this event in the past, we will be limiting entries for events (if events do not fill as we expect, we will approve competitors that are on the waitlist).
ALL EVENTS: we are SUPER excited to host everyone and want events to start in a timely manner, several competitions could have over 100 contestants each. To ensure we continue to be ontime, PLEASE have your students arrive to their testing rooms 30 minutes prior the contest's start time.
JUDGING: Each school will be required to provide judges. Uncovered Judge Fee: $150 per judge.
- CX Debate: One judge per two teams or part thereof
- LD Debate: One judge per four entries or part thereof
- PFD: One Judge per four teams or part thereof
- Speaking Events: One judge for each 6 entries or part thereof
- Academic Events: All schools will be required to judge/grade in the academic events in which they entered. Failure to participate in judging/grading will result in a judging fee of $150 being assessed after the meet unless prior arrangements are made with the tournament director in advance.
- Academic Events: $10/entry. We will be using UIL-B materials (except in spelling--we will use ASW materials)
- Journalism/Ready Writing: Student computers and printers will be available, no need to bring your own!!!
- Computer Science: We will offer both written and hands-on CS. No entry limit.
- LD Debate: $20/team. This event will use the UIL Spring 2019 LD Topic.
- PF Debate: $20/team. This event will use the February 2019 NSDA PFD Topic.
- Prose/Poetry/Informative/Persuasive: $15/entry. We will not be checking documentation in interp (readers' choice). Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school
Academic and Speech/Debate event cross-entries will be allowed, but rounds/tests will NOT be scheduled around conflicts nor will rounds/tests be held for conflicts.
Prohibited Speech/Debate Cross Entries:
Hospitality Room: A coaches and judges hospitality room will be provided. Continental breakfast, a great lunch, and snacks will be served. A $20/school hospitality fee will be assessed.
Concession Stand: Concessions will include snacks and multiple hot entree items. An ATM is available on campus, but participants are encouraged to bring small bills.
Elise Calhoun, UIL Academic Coordinator
phone: 469-219-2180 x80442
Seth Phillips, J.D., Speech/Debate Coach
school: 469-219-2180 x 80500