Prosper High School UIL Invitational
(Large School/Small School/Middle School)
Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive
Prosper, TX 75078
General Tournament Information
Prosper High School would like to invite you to the Prosper High School UIL Tournament. The tournament will be held on February 7-8, 2019. This tournament will offer all UIL Academic contests as well as a full slate of UIL speech and debate events. There are four guaranteed rounds of debate.
In UIL Academic Events, we will have a small school category for schools 1A - 4A and a large school category for schools 5A - 6A. Private schools should contact the Academic Coordinator listed below to determine which category in which to compete.
WE ARE OFFERING ALL UIL ACADEMIC EVENTS USING UIL SET B MATERIALS.
We will provide computers and printing for all Journalism and Ready Writing events!
Entries must be completed by February 3rd at 4:00 pm.
Drops made after February 5th at 4:00 pm will result in the loss of your entry fee and any judge fees attached.
Due to the size of this event in the past, we will be limiting entries for events (if events do not fill as we expect, we will approve competitors that are on the waitlist).
ALL EVENTS: we are SUPER excited to host everyone and want events to start in a timely manner, several competitions could have over 100 contestants each. To ensure we continue to be ontime, PLEASE have your students arrive to their testing rooms 30 minutes prior to the contest's start time.
Each school will be required to provide judges. Uncovered Judge Fee: $150 per judge.
CX Debate: One judge per two teams or part thereof
LD Debate: One judge per four entries or part thereof
PFD: One Judge per four teams or part thereofSpeaking Events: One judge for each 6 entries or part thereof
Academic Events: All schools will be required to judge/grade in the academic events in which they entered. Failure to participate in judging/grading will result in a judging fee of $100 being assessed after the meet unless prior arrangements are made with the tournament director in advance.
Special Notes for Speech/Debate
1. Postings will be available primarily on Tabroom.com. Coaches are encouraged to double check that each student knows how to navigate Tabroom.com and is set up to receive text/email notifications. Note, there are "dead" areas in our building where cell coverage is not available, so students need to ensure they set up Wi-Fi on any device they are using for postings. A guest Wi-Fi code will be available for student/judge use.
2. Categories for Poetry and Prose are reader's choice.
3. Students may never enter a room without a judge present, which includes all speech and debate events.
4. Please take note that some Prosper High School teachers have both "Promethean Boards" and dry erase boards in their classrooms. Please inform your students so that they do not accidentally use dry erase marker on the wrong surface.
5. To access Public Wi-Fi, choose the Prosper UIL Wi-Fi option. 6. We will use TFA tabulation rules for PF Debate and UIL tabulation rules for all other speech and debate events.
Academic Events: $10/entry. We will be using UIL-B materials (except in spelling--we will use ASW materials)
Journalism/Ready Writing: Student computers and printers will be available, no need to bring your own though you are welcome to do so!!!
Computer Science: We will offer both written and hands-on CS. Computers will NOT be provided; Macs are not supported by our grading software. Please note per UIL this is a competion where PCs are to be used.
CX Debate: $40/team. This event will use the 2019-2020 topic
LD Debate: $20/competitor. This event will use the UIL Spring 2020 LD Topic.
PF Debate: $20/team. This event will use the February 2020 NSDA PFD Topic.
Prose/Poetry/Informative/Persuasive: $15/entry. We will not be checking documentation in interp (readers' choice). Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school
Academic and Speech/Debate event cross-entries will be allowed, but rounds/tests will NOT be scheduled around conflicts nor will rounds/tests be held for conflicts.
Prohibited Speech/Debate Cross Entries
- CX, LD, and/or PFD
- Poetry and Prose
- Informative and Persuasive
- As indicated in the schedule, as needed, we may flex final rounds to accomodate lingering cross entries
Hospitality Room: A coaches and judges hospitality room will be provided. Continental breakfast, a great lunch, and snacks will be served. A $20/school hospitality fee will be assessed.
Concession Stand: Concessions will include snacks and multiple hot entree items. An ATM is available on campus, but participants are encouraged to bring small bills.
Racy Grant, District UIL Coordinator
phone: 469-219-2000 x13121
Seth Phillips, J.D., Speech/Debate Coach
school: 469-219-2180 x 80500