Prosper Middle & High School Fall Invitational
(Large School/Small School)
Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive
Prosper, TX 75078
Prosper High School would like to invite you to the Prosper Middle & High School Fall Tournament. The tournament will be held on November 10th. This tournament will offer all UIL Academic contests as well as a full slate of UIL speech and debate events, excluding Congress. There are three guaranteed rounds of debate.
We will have a small school category for schools 1A - 3A and a large school category for schools 4A - 6A, and a Middle School category Private schools should contact the Academic Coordinator listed below to determine which category in which to compete.
WE ARE OFFERING ALL UIL ACADEMIC EVENTS USING 3rd Party materials. TMSCA materials will be used for all math, science events!!
We will provide computers and printing for all High School Journalism and Ready Writing events!
DEADLINES: Entries must be completed by November 5th at 4:00 pm.
- Drops made after November 7th at 4:00 pm will result in the loss of your entry fee.
JUDGING: Each school will be required to provide judges. Uncovered Judge Fee: $100 per judge.
- CX Debate: One judge per two teams or part thereof
- LD Debate: One judge per four entries or part thereof
- Speaking Events: One judge for each 6 entries or part thereof
- Academic Events: All schools will be required to judge/grade in the academic events in which they entered. Failure to participate in judging/grading will result in a judging fee of $75 being assessed after the meet unless prior arrangements are made with the tournament director in advance.
- Academic Events: $10/entry. We will be using 3rd Party materials
- High School Journalism/Ready Writing: Student computers and printers will be available, no need to bring your own!!!
- Computer Science: We will offer both written and hands-on CS. No entry limit.
- Prose/Poetry/Informative/Persuasive: $10/entry. We will not be checking documentation in interp (readers' choice). Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school.
- Middle School events: $10/entry
Academic and Speech/Debate event cross-enters will be allowed but rounds/tests will NOT be scheduled around conflicts nor will rounds/tests be held for conflicts.
Prohibited Speech/Debate Cross Entries:
- CX and LD
- CX, LD and Poetry & Prose
Hospitality Room: A coaches, judges and volunteers hospitality room will be provided. Continental breakfast, a great lunch, and snacks will be served. A $20/school hospitality fee will be assessed.
Concession Stand: Concessions will include snacks and multiple hot entree items. An ATM is available on campus, but participants are encouraged to bring small bills.
Elise Calhoun, UIL Academic Coordinator
phone: 469-219-2180 x80442
District UIL Coordinator
Phone: 469-219-2000, x 13121