Guidelines for Tournament
1. REGISTRATION: Please register online at www.joyoftournaments.com If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Ege at email@example.com. Please bring payment with you at the time of registration on Feb. 16, 2019. Registration fee is $10.00 per academic event. Individual awards will be given to 1st – 6th place (medals) and 1st place team awards (felt banners, suitable for hanging in your classroom) will be given. Please make arrangements for your awards and materials to be picked up. Awards and materials will not be mailed out.
2. Deadline for entries is Wednesday, Feb 13 at 4:00 PM. Substitutions may be made on the day of the contest. Entry fees will not be refunded for no-shows.
3. Journalism contestants will have the option of using the computers provided in the Journalism lab or hand-writing their entries. If a school prefers to bring a laptop, they must provide their own printers, cables, extension cords, paper, etc. Please notify Beverly Cockrell firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be bringing laptops for this event. We need to have this information so that the proper preparations can be made. If you do not notify us, your students may be unable to use their laptops for this event.
4. UILions will follow the schedule posted on this website. UIL rules will apply to each event. Profanity, rude behavior, or harassment of judges will result in disqualification of contestant.
5. Each school participating in speaking events must provide one judge capable of judging Prose & Poetry, Informative & Persuasive speaking or LD. They may or may not be called upon to judge because local judges will be utilized as much as possible. Please have your judge ready to step in if necessary. If you have any questions about speaking events, please contact Sarah Ege- email@example.com
6. Coaches are expected to help grade in the other academic events. All Computer Application teams MUST provide a grader. If one is not provided, that school’s papers will not be graded and scored.
7. The computer science test will consist of the written section and programming section.
8. Buses will unload/load on the side of the school by Memorial Walkway. There will be people directing buses.
9. Registration and check-in for coaches only will be in the main hallway in the back foyer.
10. Students will stay in the cafeteria until 15 minutes before their event starts.
11. All questions regarding any contest must be directed to the individual contest director or tournament director during verification. All announced results are final.
12. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the LHS campus. No food or drinks are allowed anywhere except the cafeteria. Students must use headphones with their electronic devices. We are a latex free campus.
13. Announcements of winners and presentation of awards will occur immediately following verification of each event in the cafeteria. Please watch the monitors in the cafeteria/commons area.