2020 HCISD NSDA Middle School National Qualifier
February 7th & 8th, 2020
Location: Gutierrez Middle School of Arts and Sciences
3205 Wilson Rd, Harlingen, TX 78552
I am excited to host the 3rd annual HCISD NSDA Middle School National Qualifier. Please consult the NSDA National Manuals so you are fully aware of all NSDA Rules prior to the tournament.
1. Entries are due February 1, 2020 on the joyoftournaments.com website.
2. Students may enter three individual events per section. Students entered in CX or LD may enter only three events in Section A and may not cross-enter in section B.
3. Please remember that schools CANNOT compete if they have an outstanding balance with the National Office.
4. The use of laptops in all debate events and extemp is allowed. Make sure you follow the official guidelines.
5. All schools will be required to bring 10 judges in order for your students to be eligible to qualify for Nationals.
6. The January/February topic will be used for LD debate.
7. The National CX debate topic will be used.
8. A concession stand will be provided.
9. The Student Congress Qualifier will be held at the Guitterez library Friday, February 7th from 4:30pm-8:30pm. You must email me your congress entries 10 days prior to the meet. We will use the TFA spring legislation. Legislation can be found at txfa.org
10. Meals will be provided for judges and coaches only.