2019 HCISD NSDA Middle School National Qualifier
February 8th & 9th, 2019
Location: Coakley Middle School
1402 S. Sixth Street, Harlingen, TX 78552
I am excited to host the 2nd annual NSDA Middle School National Qualifier. Please consult the NSDA National Manuals so you are fully aware of all NSDA Rules prior to the tournament.
1. Entries are due February 1, 2018 on the joyoftournaments.com website.
2. Students may enter three individual events per section. Students entered in CX or LD may enter only three events in Section A and may not cross-enter in section B.
3. Please remember that schools CANNOT compete if they have an outstanding balance with the National Office.
4. The use of laptops in all debate events and extemp is allowed. Make sure you follow the official guidelines.
5. All schools will be required to pay a $100 flat fee to cover the cost of judges/hospitality.
6. The January/February topic will be used for LD debate.
7. The National CX debate topic will be used.
8. A concession stand will be provided.
9. The Student Congress Qualifier will be held at the Coakley MS library Friday, February 8th from 4:30pm-8:30pm. You must email me your congress entries 10 days prior to the meet. We will use the TFA spring legislation. Legislation can be found at txfa.org
10. Meals will be provided for judges and coaches only.