Students may enter one debate event. Students may feel free to cross enter in individual events,
but please be aware that we are going to do our best to run on schedule, so they cross enter at
their own risk. Students that are cross entered in extemp and other IE's will always do extemp
- Both divisions of CX Debate will be debating the 2019 - 2020 Resolution – Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States.
- TFA LD Debate will be debating the November/December NSDA Resolution – Resolved: TBA
- UIL LD Debate will be debating the UIL Fall 2019 Resolution – Resolved: TBA
- Public Forum Debate will be debating the November/December NSDA Resolution - TBA
- Students participating in Congressional Debate will debate the TFA Fall 2019 docket.
- Novice Oral Interpretation is an open event featuring competitors in ANY interp event.
- Novice Extemp will include a combination of IX and USX topics.
- Contestants competing in the UIL or Novice division of debate events will be ranked based on their performance in the 3 preliminrary rounds. They will NOT have out rounds.
Please make all checks payable to China Spring HS Speech and Debate.
· CX Debate - $30.00
· LD, PFD, Duo, and Duet Entry - $20.00
· Individual Event Entry (and Congress) - $12.00
· Missing Judge Fee - $125.00
· Drop After 11/13 @ 4:00 - $20.00 (+the loss of the entry fee)
· School Custodial Fee - $20.00
· CX – One judge for every 2 entries or portion thereof.
· LD & PFD – One judge for every 4 entries or portion thereof.
· IEs* – One judge for every 6 entries or portion thereof.
* If you have a judge that is only qualified to judge only a some of the individual events, please indicate this information in the notes section of the entry and what that event or those events are. If there is no note present, we will assume that the judge is qualified for all individual events and will put them into all pools.
If you are an individual that wishes to pursue a judging contract at this tournament, email your judging résumé and any other pertinent details to Michael Allen Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coaches, judges, and bus drivers will have access to our wonderful hospitality room all throughout the tournament. We will have breakfast and lunch options available during the appropriate hours in addition to drinks and snacks throughout the day.
Students are encouraged to go to our concession stand that will be open throughout the meet for reasonably priced food and drink. China Spring also has several fast food restaurants that are available for individuals who wish to bring food to the meet.
Sweepstakes and Awards:
Overall sweepstakes awards will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place schools. Points will be calculated using the following formula:
- Individual Events: 1st - 15, 2nd - 10, 3rd - 5, Finalist - 2
- Duet Acting/Duo Interp: 1st - 30, 2nd - 25, 3rd - 20, Finalist - 5
- Novice Extemp/Interp: 1st - 10, 2nd - 5, 3rd - 2, 4th-6th - 1
- Varsity Public Forum Debate: 1st - 20, 2nd - 15, Semis Qual - 10, Quarters Qual - 5
- TFA Lincoln Douglas Debate: 1st - 30, 2nd - 25, Semis Qual - 20, Quarters Qual - 10
- TFA Policy Debate: 1st - 30, 2nd - 25, Semis Qual - 20, Quarters Qual - 10
- Novice/UIL Division Debate: 1st - 10, 2nd - 5, 3rd - 2, 4th - 1
- Congressional Debate: 1st - 20, 2nd - 15, 3rd - 10, Finalist Rank - 5, Super Congress Qual - 3
Any general questions should be addressed to Michael Allen Donaldson at email@example.com or at (254)640–5785.
· We will work our very best to protect UIL districts in policy debate. Depending upon the total number of entries, we may not be able to do this, but we certainly plan on trying. We will not protect districts in LD debate.
· If the entries do not make, we will consolidate novice and varsity divisions together into one varsity division. We will combine UIL and TFA divisions together into one division debating the resolution of whichever division has the greater number of entries.
· Postings for all rounds will be made available in the cafeteria and other locations during the day.
· We will accelerate the schedule as possible, so please don’t leave the campus. If you end up missing a round because you were somewhere else, it will count as a forfeit.
· Judges are allowed and encouraged to give an oral critique after debate rounds, but this form of critique should NOT replace a well written ballot. Additionally, all oral critiques should be short and to-the-point, and all ballots should be returned to the tab room within 5 minutes of the round’s completion, if at all possible.
· All participants in this tournament are expected to abide by the China Spring ISD code of conduct.
· An adult sponsor should be with students at all times throughout the tournament.