Angelo State University’s Foreign Language Competition will be held from 8 am - 5:45 pm Saturday, April 4, 2020.
Registration for this event will close at 5pm February 15, 2020.
NOTE: Make sure you pick the right level for the student during registration, as this cannot be changed once submitted.
The following are language proficiency performance levels for each language:
- First Year: I
- Second Year: II
- Third and Fourth Year: III/IV
- Native Speaker: NS
AFTER you register your students for their specific events on the Joy of Tournament site, visit the ASU Cashnet page to submit payment. The link to the ASU Cashnet page is located under the Fees section.
You will need to enter the number of registered students, and if you want to order lunch ($8) for you and any other sponsors. The student fee ($20) includes lunch.
- Both charges are payable by credit card after completing online registration.
- Teachers will register their students by completing our online application, which will be available Jan. 15, 2020, through 5 p.m. Feb. 15, 2020.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Your registration will not be considered complete until payment has been submitted successfully.
- Payments are not refundable
- There are two sites.
- The Joy of Tournaments site is where you sign up your students for their specific events
- The ASU Cashnet site is where you pay for the registration
--Individual Student Competitors--
Each student competes in these four categories:
- Poetry recitations
- Computer-assisted listening and reading comprehension tests
- Extemporaneous speaking
- Reading of prose selections
Each participating school will also submit one each per language entered:
- Short film (Must be submitted online before March 5, 2020)
- Poster (Must be submitted online before March 5, 2020)
- These entries are required for each language the school is competing in.
Our University will provide judges for each event.
- Co-Teacher's first and last name
- Email address
- School's name
- Language in which the students are competing
Please visit the Angelo State University's Competition site for complete details.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-486-6161