1. If your academic contestants wish to cross-enter in speech events, please pay careful attention to the schedule to avoid time conflicts. We will not delay the start of academic contests for the sake of missing students!
2. Each Computer Applications contestant must provide ALL hardware, software, and supplies (including paper, surge protector and extension cord). Rooms will open at 9:30 am for set-up. If there is no grader provided, your student will be disqualified. Event limit: 36 entries
3. Due to space and electrical plug availability constraints, the use of laptops will not be allowed in Journalism events. We will offer these events in a computer lab and printing will be provided.
4. The academic events will be divided into two divisions:
Small School: 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A Large School: 5A , 6A
Number Sense, Calculator Applications, Science and Mathematics will also be divided into 9th‑10th grade competitions and 11th-12th grade competitions.
5. We will enforce the following entry limits on a first-come, first-served basis. Any students over this limit you can add to a waiting list. If we have space for additional students, we'll add in the extras!
Ready Writing: Limit 3 per school, maximum 45 entries
Computer Applications: Limit 3 per school, maximum 36 entries
Journalism Events: Limit 3 entries per event per school (i.e. 3 in headline, 3 in feature, etc.)
Spelling: Limit 4 entries per school, maximum 80 entries
Computer Science: No limit for written portion, must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the hands-on portion (I will manually add the entry to your school)--only the first 15 entries will be allowed.
The hands on portion will be held Friday afternoon again this year! There will also be an option for students with no other reason to return on Saturday to take the written portion Friday afternoon. The written portion will still be offered for all students on Saturday as well.
6. We will announce results throughout the day. Please make certain a representative from your school is present until results from ALL of your students’ events have been announced. Students' papers and a clean copy of each test will be available in brown paper bags near the library. Any unclaimed materials will be discarded after the tournament. We will NOT mail any unclaimed papers or awards.
ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY 4:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, February 14, 2020.
Drops made after 4:00 pm on Friday, February 14 will result in forfeiture of entry fee.