A BILL TO ESTABLISH NATIONWIDE FREE PUBLIC WIFI
BE IT ENACTED BY THE STUDENT CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:
1. SECTION 1. The United States Federal government will establish a nationwide free public
2. WI-FI system.
3. SECTION 2. WI-FI system is defined as a facility allowing computers, smartphones, or other
4. electronic devices to connect to the Internet or communicate with one another wirelessly.
5. SECTION 3. The FCC will oversee the regulations, infrastructure, implementation of the bill,
6. and will oversee the policing of the bill. The Enforcement Bureau of the FCC will be the
7. enforcement mechanism of this policy.
8. SECTION 4. This bill will be implemented July 1, 2020.
9. SECTION 5. All other laws that are in conflict with this new policy shall hereby be
10. declared null and void.
A RESOLUTION TO RESTORE VOTING RIGHTS TO FORMER FELONS
1. WHEREAS, twenty-one states do not allow felons to vote after serving their time, and
2. WHEREAS, felons have repaid their debt to society and
3. WHEREAS, after serving their time are disenfranchised from participation in local, state,
4. and national elections, now, therefore, be it
5. RESOLVED, By the Student Congress here assembled that the right of citizens to vote in
6. federal elections will not be denied because of a criminal conviction unless a citizen is
7. serving a felony sentence in a correctional facility, and be it
8. FURTHER RESOLVED, that states and the federal government to notify individuals
9. convicted of state or federal felonies, respectively, of their re-enfranchisement.
A RESOLUTION TO REMOVE ALL TRUMP ERA TARIFFS
l. WHEREAS, Free trade is essential for the continued expansion of the United States
2. economy; and
3. WHEREAS, Tariffs imposed by the Trump administration undermine free trade and
4. threaten both the United States and the global economy; and
5. WHEREAS, President Trump has abused his power as president by claiming national
6. security basis for the tariffs ; now, therefore, be it
7. RESOLVED, By the Student Congress here assembled that all Trump era tariffs be
AN AMENDMENT TO ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE
1. WHEREAS, because of the discrepancy between the electoral college win and the popular
2. vote in the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections,
3. WHEREAS, the 2016 election resulted in a discrepancy of over three million votes,
4. WHEREAS, many Americans find themselves disenfranchised by the results of the
5. presidential elections,
6. WHEREAS, of the 58 presidential elections our country has held, three times the president
7. was elected without winning the popular vote (1888, 2000, and 2016), twice within 16 years,
8. RESOLVED, By the two-thirds of the Congress here assembled, that the following Article is
9. proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall
10. be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by
11. the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from
12. the date of its submission by the Congress:
14. SECTION 1. The President and Vice President shall be elected by the people
15. ofthe several States, the territories, and the district of the United States.
16. SECTION 2. Each elector shall cast a single vote for two persons who have
17. consented to be candidates for President and Vice President.
18. SECTION 4. The pair of candidates having the greatest number ofvotes for
19. President and Vice President shall be elected
20. SECTION 7. This article shall take effect one year after the first day of January
21. following ratification.”
A RESOLUTION TO EXPAND THE USE OF WAVE ENERGY IN THE UNITED STATES
1. WHEREAS, the use of carbon based fuels is negatively impacting our environment, and
2. WHEREAS, the global scientific community has warned us of the dangers of continuing to
3. use carbon based fuels further exacerbating climate change, dangerous weather systems, and
4. rising sea levels,
5. WHEREAS, due to the increase of major hurricanes, typhoons, and cyclones; the melting of
6. the polar ice caps and glaciers; thawing of tundra now, therefore, be it
7. RESOLVED, By the Student Congress here assembled that in order to reduce the use of
8. carbon based fuels, the coastline states be awarded federal grants to utilize and/or expand
9. wave action energy technology.