Mark your calendars now for one of the most exciting educational events of the 2019-2020 school year.
Our second California High School Speech Association Middle School Speech and Debate State Championship Tournament will take place May 1-3, 2020, on the beautiful Clovis North High School campus in Fresno. Middle school competitors in sixth through eighth grades will have the exciting opportunity to meet and compete with other outstanding students from across the state. Last year approximately 800 students participated in our first annual competition.
Consider these unique features:
1) The tournament will offer five preliminary rounds of debate and three preliminary rounds of speech; breaks will depend on entry.
2) The California speech events offered include Oratorical Interpretation (Declamation), Original Oratory/Advocacy, Informative/Expository, Programmed Oral Interpretation/Thematic Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, Original Prose & Poetry, Extemporaneous, and Impromptu. The events of SPAR and Story-Telling will also be offered.
3) Debate events are Congress, Policy, Public Forum, Lincoln Douglas and Parli.
4) This tournament is meant to be accessible to all California middle schoolers who want to attend. We offer reasonable entry fees and minimal judging requirements (High school competitors are welcome to judge).
5) Each contestant will receive a personalized certificate, a commemorative gift, and a colored printed program.
Questions? Contact Ron Underwood at email@example.com . Save the dates.We look forward to seeing you for our exciting second year.