THE 48th ANNUAL
La Costa Canyon Winter Classic
November 30th – December 2nd, 2018
The administration of La Costa Canyon High School, the members of the Maverick Speech and Debate team, and I would like to invite you and your squad to attend the 48th Annual San Diego Winter Classic Speech and Debate Tournament. We offer Policy, LD, Congress, Public Forum, Parliamentary Debate, Extemp, OPP, Impromptu, OO, OA, Info, HI, DI, POI, DUO and OI.
We are proud to announce that we are a TOC and NIETOC Bid Tournament!
TOC QUALIFICATION INFORMATION
● Public Forum:
○ Gold TOC qualifier at Quarterfinals!
○ Silver TOC qualifier at Octafinals!
○ TOC qualifier for all students making the Top Six!
○ TOC qualifier at Finals!
NIETOC Qualification Information can be found at their website: http://nietoc.com
We consistently offer quality competition to over 50 schools with more than 1000 competitors from four states. IE's will continue to run over Saturday and Sunday and will be divided into two patterns. This will allow students to triple and quadruple enter if wanted! Judges and coaches will enjoy amazing food and respectful treatment, while competitors enjoy a friendly atmosphere and a beautiful campus.
As someone who competed at Winter Classic many moons ago, and consistently brought students throughout my coaching career, I understand how important this tournament is to our community. We are ecstatic to invite you to continue this grand tradition of competitive excellence and camaraderie, and hope to see you in San Diego come December.
● DEADLINE to register for Policy, Public Forum, Congress & LD is Wednesday, November 14th at 3:00pm
● (Teams may be added after the deadline, available space permitting; we'll pull entries from the waitlists as spots become available).
● Registration deadline for ALL other events (including Parli) is Wednesday, November 21st at 3:00pm. Note that the tournament frequently fills before the deadline, so please enter early.
All My Best,
Cameron Martin, Director of Forensics
La Costa Canyon High School
Phone: (760) 436-6136 x6495