Cross Entering in Speech/Debate Events
Academic/Speech & Debate Cross Entry:
If a student wishes to cross enter in Speech/Debate and Academic events, they do so at their own risk. No allowance will be made for lateness either in the Academic Events or for Speech/Debate rounds. If a student is more than 10 minutes late to a round, they risk the loss of round and possible removal from the event without refund of entry fee.
If a student wishes to cross enter they must do the following:
- The should be entered online in their ACADEMIC events in Joy of Tournaments.
- Then the coach must email John Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org to be manually entered added to the speech/debate event(s).
- If the entry is possible both by entry limits and the speech/academics schedule, an email will be sent to the coach confirming the entry. Otherwise the entry will be denied.
Speech/Debate IEs Can Cross Enter:
Up to TWO (2) events out of the following:
- Informative/Persuasive Extemp
Students CANNOT cross enter in:
- Informative AND Persusive
- Poetry AND Prose
- Oratory AND Student Congress
*entries that do not abide by these guidelines will be dropped Saturday morning at school’s expense
Students SHOULD cross enter in Debate AND Student Congress
- If a student breaks to out rounds, they will be dropped from Student Congress without penalty. However, due to logistics, students will NOT be able to ADD Student Congress if they DO NOT BREAK to out rounds.
Explanation of (XE: 1st in room/XE: last in room)
As outlined in the schedule, competitors in specific events will be listed either 1st in their room or last in their room if they cross enter into more than one speech/debate event at a time. PLEASE TAKE NOTE and ask students to speak in the room they are list as 1st in room on the Speech/Debate Schedule.