Round Rock Invitational Academic Tournament
January 27, 2018
Accounting Current Events Literary Criticism Ready Writing
Calculator Editorial Writing Mathematics Science
Computer App. Feature Writing News Writing Social Studies
Computer Science Headline Writing Number Sense Spelling
Comp. Sci. Hands-On Copy Editing
ENTRY LIMITATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Schools have unlimited entries in most events; exceptions are accounting and spelling—4 per school; ready writing, computer app., and journalism events—3 per school, hands-on computer science--2 teams per school. The first 25 entries in computer applications and the first 30 entries in hands-on computer science will be accepted.
- Additional entries may be accepted based upon space availability. Please place extras on the wait list.
- NO additions at registration!
- Students wishing to enter both academic and forensic events must check times closely to be sure there is no conflict.
- The number sense test will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. Once the test has begun, NO late, make-up, or other tests will be given.
- Students entering computer applications and students entering hands-on computer science are required to bring their own laptops/notebooks, printers, and power cords.
- Coaches are asked to help grade papers in the academic events. Computer Applications entries are required to provide a judge.
All UIL math and science tests are ordered from TMSCA. Accounting, computer science, current events, social studies, and spelling tests are ordered from commercial vendors.
Friday, January 12: 5:00 p.m.: ALL entries are due on joy of tournaments.
Friday, January 19: 5:00 p.m.: Last day for adds and drops. Drops after this time result in loss of entry fee.
- 1st-3rd sweepstakes for academics and forensics.
- 1st-6th place in all events.
- 1st in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Team in accounting, calculator, computer science, current events, literary criticism, mathematics, number sense, science, social studies, and spelling.
- Awards will be announced as results are tabulated.
- Coaches are asked to help grade in the academic events.
- Computer applications is required to provide a judge.
- A one time fee is charged for any entries in Ready Writing and/or Journalism events (regardless of the number of entries).
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RULES
1. All buses are requested to park in the student parking lot directly behind the school after dropping students off in the old bus loading drive on Lake Creek Dr.
2. A concession stand will be provided in the old cafeteria (700 bldg). All food and drinks must be consumed in the old cafeteria (700 bldg) or the gym (100 bldg).
3. All students must remain in the old cafeteria (700 bldg) or the gym (100 bldg) unless competing.
4. Students attending the tournament must be accompanied by a school sponsor at all times
5. All contestants are prohibited from entering the tab room.
6. Contestants more than 15 minutes late for a round will forfeit that round.
7. Failure of a school’s designated judge to show for a judging assignment may result in the disqualification of the school’s entries.
8. Anyone caught vandalizing a classroom or the campus will cause his ENTIRE squad to be disqualified from the tournament without refund.
9. Smoking is prohibited!!! Smoking or use of any illegal substance on campus will result in disqualification.
10. We shall not be responsible for accidents.