We will offer all UIL testing events and a variety of speaking events. The deadline for entering is Wednesday, December 6th at 5:00 pm.
Speaking events include:
Informative, Persuasive, Prose, Poetry, Dramatic Interp, Humorous Interp, Oratory, Group Improv, Duo Interp, LD Debate, CX Debate, and PFD!
*Debate topics are as follows:
- CX- RESOLVED: Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its funding and/or regulation of elementary and/or secondary education in the United States.
- LD- RESOLVED: The United States federal government has a moral obligation to provide universal health care for its citizens.
- PFD- RESOLVED: NCAA student athletes ought to be recognized as employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act..
Testing events include:
Accounting, Calculator, Computer Apps, Computer Science*, CIE, Lit Crit, Math, Number Sense, Ready Writing**, Science, Spelling, Editorial Writing, Feature Writing, Headline Writing, News Writing, and Social Studies!
*Computer science contest will not include the hands-on programming competition.
**Ready writing participants will be asked to submit their entries in advance by Wednesday, December 7th so that they can be graded by the end of the tournament. You will be emailed a link to submit your entries once you are registered.
The speaking events are patterned. You may compete in two events per pattern excluding Pattern D. Pattern D allows for only one entry. In Pattern A, Extemp (either Informative or Persuasive) counts as one event. You may not enter in both Informative and Persuasive.
|| Pattern C
|| Pattern D
|| Group Improv
|| Program Oral Interp
||Public Forum Debate
|| NSDA Informative
The entry fees for all individual speaking events will be $10.00
The entry fees for LD Debate will be $15.00
The entry fees for Group Improv and Duo Interp will be $20.00
The entry fees for PF Debate will be $25.00.
The entry fees for CX Debate will be $30.00.
The entry fees for all testing events will be $10.00.
You will be required to furnish a judge for each section. It cannot be the same person.The judging requirements are as follows:
- CX, LD and PFD 1 judge for every 2 entries.
- IE's 1 judge for every 7 entries.
- Academic Tests 1 grader for every 6 testing entries.
- $75.00 judging fee for all uncovered judges.
- Hexco- Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Science (test only), Current Events, Literary Criticism, Social Studies
- House Grammarian- All journalism (including Copy Editing)
- ASW- Spelling and Vocabulary
- TMSCA- TMSCA unreleased HS Invitational for Calculator Applications, Math, Number Sense, and Science
All drops after 5pm on Wednesday, December 6th will result in a drop fee of $75.00 plus the loss of your entry fee.
Late entries will be taken. For all entries made after the deadline, add $5.00 per event. Late entries will only be taken by phone.
For more information, contact: