PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOURNAMENT IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT REGISTRATION FOR THE POLICY DEBATE PORTION OF THIS TOURNAMENT IS BEING DONE VIA TABROOM (www.tabroom.com)
On Sunday, October 8th, the Golden Gate Speech Association will be hosting its second tournament of the year at Santa Rosa High School (1235 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa).
• The tournament will offer Lincoln Douglas Debate, Public Forum Debate, and Policy Debate.
• WE WILL NOT BE USING THE NSDA NOVICE LD RESOLUTION. ALL DIVISIONS IN LD WILL USE THE 2017 SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER RESOLUTION RE COMPULSORY NATIONAL SERVICE.
• PARLIAMENTARY DEBATE WILL NOT BE OFFERED AT THIS TOURNAMENT.
• JV/NOVICE POLICY DEBATE DISCLOSURES DUE (AT WWW.GGSA.ORG) BY SEPTEMBER 24.
• There will be Varsity (A), Junior Varsity (B) and Novice (C) divisions in every debate event if entry sizes allow.
• As decided at our May 2016 coaches meeting, there will be three rounds of debate in ALL DIVISIONS.
• Arrive by 8:00 AM, with the first round to start before 9:00 AM. The final round is expected to begin at approximately 1:30PM, with the awards ceremony immediately following its conclusion. Note: We will be attempting to get the first round of debate started as close to 8:30 as possible. Fifteen minutes after the round is posted, all late teams will forfeit their first round.
• Entry fees are $10 per debater (Lincoln-Douglas) and $20 per debate team (Policy, Public Forum).
• Food will be provided for the students for a fee. Coaches and judges will have food provided for them at no cost.
• Students will be expected to dress appropriately, ties and dress shoes for boys and modest skirts or pants-suits for girls. Students must show respect for the facility and each other.
• Every team must fulfill their judging requirement of one judge for every four LDers or Public Forum teams and one for every two Policy Teams.
• In addition to the judging requirement, every team must bring one adult -- usually the coach -- to assist with the running of the tournament.
AS ADOPTED AT OUR MAY 2013 COACHES MEETING, THE FOLLOWING ENTRY DEADLINES AND DROP FEES WILL NOW APPLY TO ALL GGSA TOURNAMENTS -- PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY!
• Entries must be received -- at this website -- by 5pm on Friday, September 29th, at which time entry fees will be assessed. All entries made by 5pm on Friday, September 29th will be admitted to the tournament, but late entries may be wait-listed.
• For drops that are made by 5pm on Wednesday, October 4th, schools will be credited 50% of the entry fee for those drops. No credits will be issued for drops made after 5pm on Wednesday, October 4th. Drops on the day of the tournament are frowned upon. Adds the day of the tournament are myths, like Bigfoot, alien abductions and that man from Nantucket.
• The tab room will require few people to run at full efficiency. Everyone else will be in judges.
See you there.
-Laila McClay, GGSA Policy Debate Director
-Nick Abbott, GGSA Debate Director