You are cordially invited to the Arizona Speech & Debate Coaches Association Convention and Workshops at Brophy College Prep, on Saturday, September 9, 2017. We hope that this convention and workshop combination will meet the diverse needs of you and your teams as you get started on another exciting year in Arizona Forensics!
All checks must be made out to the Arizona Speech & Debate Coaches' Association and mailed to:
Arizona Speech and Debate Coaches' Association
PO Box 23665
Tempe, AZ 85285
Checks and/or POs made out to "FLA" will NOT be accepted.
Brophy College Prep is located at Central and Highland in Phoenix. The address is: 4701 N Central Ave, Phoenix AZ, 85012.
In addition, we are planning a FREE Workshop for any NEW Coaches to Arizona Speech and Debate community on Saturday, August 19th from 9:00 AM to Noon at Mountain View High School. Everyone is welcome, so you don't have to be new to come.
- The Organizations: NSDA, AIA, & ASDCA + Others for Resources
- Building a Team: Recruiting & Retention
- Being a Coach vs a Sponsor
- Scheduling Practices
- Tournaments: What Do They Look Like?
- The Paperwork: Dotting Your I's and Crossing Your T's
- The Events: An Overview of the Rules & Finding Resources to Help You & Your Students
- Establishing Team Rules / Setting Team Goals
- Judges: Who Can Judge for You? and How to Train Them?
- How to Not Bite Off More Than You Can Chew
- Navigating Parents Relationships for Support: You will need their help
- The Unspoken Rules and Expectations
- Ethics, Honor & Integrity.
RSVP for the New Coaches Workshop by e-mailing Meg Howell at email@example.com.