12th Annual Magnolia UIL Academic & Debate Tournament
“Nerds In Love”
February 14-15, 2020
Magnolia High School will host a UIL academic meet on February 14th-15th. UIL Invitational test B will be used for all events. We will run all academic and speech events except CX.
We have lots activities planned for this special Valentine’s weekend and would love for you and your team to be part of the fun.
- 2nd Annual Stop Action Film Contest: While you're waiting on your event to start or between rounds, why not try your hand at making a short, stop-action movie? We'll supply the materials, you supply the phone and the creative idea. We're giving away some cool prizes and awards for this one.
- Nerd's Dress up Contest: Get your geek on and try for some prizes in this contest.
- Puzzles, board games, and more: Check out a game from us to help you pass the time between events.
- "Nerds in Love Mini Dance Floor: Make a memory or a gif file or meme with your superior dance moves and our special guest DJ.
- "Hey Look Ma It's Me" Photo Booth: Bring home a special memory with you and your friends in our Valentine's themed photo booth. Prints while you wait.
Entries will be online via the Joy of Tournaments website. Entry deadline for your participants is February 11th. If you have problems doing the online entry you can email David Youngblood at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost per event entry is $10. There will be a flat fee of $135 per school for schools with speech and debate contestants. There is also a flat fee of $60 per school for schools with journalism and Ready Writing entries to cover the cost of judges.
We look forward to hosting your school and giving them the opportunity to compete in UIL Academics. If you have any questions, please contact David Youngblood or Caitlin Cane email@example.com at Magnolia High School.
Check-in for academic events starts on Saturday at 7 AM. First contest begins at 8 AM. The top 6 individuals in each event will receive awards. The top team in each team event will also receive awards. LD will begin on Friday at 4 PM.
Payment should be made to Magnolia High School.
Caitlin Cain, Co-Director
Conroe High School
David Youngblood, Co-Director|
UIL Academic Coordinator
Magnolia High School