Students may enter one debate event. Students may feel free to cross enter in individual events,
but please be aware that we are going to do our best to run on schedule, so they cross enter at
their own risk. Students that are cross entered in extemp and other IE's will always do extemp
first! While we will not prevent LD-ers from entering interp events, please remember that they
will not be allowed to do so at UIL District.
- CX Debate will be debating the 2018 - 2019 Resolution – Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce its restrictions on legal immigration to the United States.
- LD Debate will be debating the UIL Fall 2018 Resolution – In matters of immigration, freedom of movement ought to be valued over national sovereignty.
- Public Forum Debate will be debating the October NSDA Resolution Resolved: The United States should accede to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea without reservations.
- Students participating in Congressional Debate will debate the ESC Region 10 5A/6A legislation found here: www.uiltexas.org/files/academics/speech/ESC_10_5A6A.pdf
Please make all checks payable to Kaufman HS Speech and Debate.
· CX Debate - $30.00
· LD, PFD, Duo, and Duet Entry - $20.00
· Individual Event Entry (and Congress) - $12.00
· Missing Judge Fee - $125.00
· Drop After 10/25 @ 4:00 - $20.00 for forensics (+the loss of the entry fee)
· CX – One judge for every 2 entries or portion thereof.
· LD & PFD – One judge for every 4 entries or portion thereof.
· IEs* – One judge for every 6 entries or portion thereof.
* If you have a judge that is only qualified to judge only a some of the individual events, please indicate this information in the notes section of the entry and what that event or those events are. If there is no note present, we will assume that the judge is qualified for all individual events and will put them into all pools.
If you are an individual that wishes to pursue a judging contract at this tournament, email your judging résumé and any other pertinent details to Keith Guthrie at email@example.com.
Coaches, judges, and bus drivers will have access to our wonderful hospitality room all throughout the tournament. We will have breakfast and lunch options available during the appropriate hours in addition to drinks and snacks throughout the day.
Students are encouraged to go to our concession stand that will be open throughout the meet for reasonably priced food and drink. Kaufman also has several fast food restaurants that are available for individuals who wish to bring food to the meet.
Sweepstakes and Awards:
We will be using the following system to determine sweepstakes points:
o 1st Place – 15 points
o 2nd Place – 12 points
o 3rd Place – 10 points
o 4th Place – 8 points
o 5th Place – 6 points
o 6th Place – 4 points
Any general questions should be addressed to Keith Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Postings for all rounds will be made available in the cafeteria and other locations during the day.
· We will accelerate the schedule as possible, so please don’t leave the campus. If you end up missing a round because you were somewhere else, it will count as a forfeit.
· Judges are allowed and encouraged to give an oral critique after debate rounds, but this form of critique should NOT replace a well written ballot. Additionally, all oral critiques should be short and to-the-point, and all ballots should be returned to the tab room within 5 minutes of the round’s completion, if at all possible.
· An adult sponsor should be with students at all times throughout the tournament.