- DEBATE AND CONGRESS EVENTS will be at GHS on Friday. IES will be at Cross Timbers Middle School on Saturday. The Debate tab room will be in the GHS Library. On Saturday - Tabroom will be in the CTMS library. If you have a problem or question please feel free to come ask.
- All Debate and WSD Ballots will be electronic. Make sure all your entries, judges, and coaches have a tabroom account and link it to the Grapevine Classic. No show judges, like no show students will be charged.
- If you are not listed on a debate round – please stand by.
- All school judges- both IE and debate are obligated to judge 1 round past their student’s elimination… please don’t leave or we will charge you for a judge. The hospitality lounge at GHS is in the Library for Debate and World School and the Teacher Lounge at CTMS for IE on Saturday.
- We are known for our good food for our judges and coaches. Our Debate Booster and Oral Interpretation Parents work hard to provide this for you. Please thank them. No students allowed in the hospitality room.
- Concessions are available for students at both schools The Debate Booster Club and the OI parents take great pride in the food they provide.
- Make sure you and your students are on time – 15-minute rule will be enforced.
Visitor Procedures for GHS on Friday prior to 4:00 pm
**Adult coaches and judges will need to bring DL and check in the office**
To further enhance our school’s security all campuses, including secondary campuses, will remain locked during the school day. Visitors should go to the main entrance and press the intercom button located near the front door. Designated campus personnel will respond and determine who the visitor(s) is/are and the purpose of the visit. Once access is granted, visitors must check in with the front office through a new visitor system called Raptor vSoft (Raptor). The first time a visitor, volunteer or contractor checks in, or the first time a parent comes into a school, we will ask them to present a driver’s license or state-issued ID. The ID will be scanned into the system and the personal information on the ID will be checked against a national sex offender database. This will provide an added layer of protection to ensure our schools remain secure environments for students, staff and approved visitors.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in presenting your valid state-issued ID when checking in at any of our campuses. We appreciate your patience and support as we implement these new systems to increase security.
HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE 31ST ANNUAL GRAPEVINE CLASSIC!