Wind River District Congress and Tournament
NSDA District Student of the Year Award-nominations to be submitted during registration
The District Student of the Year Award recognizes one graduating senior from a district who best represents the tenets of the Association’s Code of Honor. District nominations are collected via this standard form and a copy of each nomination is sent to the district chair and the national office. Each year, six students who win their district award are selected as finalists for the William Woods Tate, Jr., National Student of the Year award.
The winner of the District Student of the Year award will receive a plaque from the National Speech and Debate Association National Office during the awards ceremony at the final District Tournament. His or her District Chair will present the award.
To nominate, each nominee should reflect the following standard:
• A nominee must be an NSDA member in his or her senior year of high school.
• The nominee should uphold the NSDA Code of Honor.
• The nominee should demonstrate strong academic standards.
• The nominee should demonstrate participation in a wide array of community involvement and service.
• The nominee should exhibit dedication and commitment to the NSDA and forensics.
Click on the link above to nominate a student.
We will also have the following Awards at the Awards Ceremony:
Coach of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Alum of the Year
Communicator of the Year
Administrator of the Year
New Coach of the Year
Assistant Coach of the Year.
Please send your nominations for these to email@example.com BY Friday 3/15/19. The district committee will then vote based on the nominations received.