We hope to see each of you and your debate competitors at the 2019 District Debate Qualifiers. This year’s debate competition will take place at Oxford High School in Oxford, Mississippi on March 22-23.
Students that place in the top 2-3 (depending on entry numbers) will represent the Magnolia District this summer at the National Speech and Debate National Tournament in Dallas, Texas on June 16-21.
Below are a few reminders to follow:
· Students may only enter one debate event.
· If a student enters a debate event and duo interpretation it must be the same partnership in both.
· REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE AT JOYOFTOURNAMENTS.COM
· Please read all materials provided on this website as well as the NSDA District Tournament Manual to understand how the tournament works.
· All deadlines should be followed exactly. Failure to do so could result in your students not being able to compete.
If you have any questions please contact me. E-mail is best.
We hope that this will be a fun weekend for all, but it will take us all working together in order to do that. Again, if you need to contact me, you can in the following ways:
School phone: 601.554.7270
Cell Phone: 601.498.9337
Fax Number: 601.545.1229