The Mississippi Forensic League
is proud to welcome you to
The Magnolia District Speech Qualifiers
We hope to see each of you and your team at the 2019 District Individual Event Qualifiers. This year’s individual events competition will take place at Oak Grove High School on March 29-30, 2019.
Students who place in the top 2-3 (depending on entry numbers) at this event will represent the Magnolia District this summer at the National Speech and Debate Association Tournament in Dallas, Texas.
Below are a few reminders to follow:
· Students may only enter two events total (individual event and debate) Each school also has a limit depending on the number of degrees each school has recorded.
· If a student enters a partner debate and duo interpretation, they must have the same partner in both.
· REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE AT JOYOFTOURNAMENTS.COM
· Please read all materials provided on this website (or mailing) as well as the NSDA District Tournament Manual to understand how the tournament works.
· All deadlines should be followed exactly. Failure to do so could result in your student not being able to compete at National Qualifiers.
· If you have any questions please contact me. E-mail is best.
Extemporaneous Topic Areas will be drawn blindly each round to determine the first four rounds and the process will be repeated until the Final round of competition. The extemp topics for this competition will be provided by the National Speech and Debate Association. The topic areas will post to the website once they have been emailed to the District Chair approximately one week prior to the tournament.
We hope that this will be a fun weekend for all, but it will take us all working together in order to do that. Again, if you need to contact me, you can in the following ways:
School phone: 601.554.7270
Cell Phone: 601.498.9337
Fax Number: 601.545.1229
9254 Old River Road
Petal, MS 39465