NSDA District Requirements for our District Qualifier in this event!
1. A minimum of 10 high school competitors from at least 2 schools must compete.
2. All students compete as individuals, and all competitors must be NSDA members.
3. The event will follow the tabulation method chosen by the District Committee for all other debate events.
4. Entry Limits/Double Entry • Big Questions entries will not count toward a school’s district entry limits. • The District Committee may choose to impose a limit on the number of entries a school can bring to the BQ national qualifying event.
THE AZ NSDA DISTRICT BQ QUALIFIER:
We will accept 2 entries from each school; then all remaining entries will be waitlisted until the entry deadline. Depending on the number of students who want to enter, the committee may need to limit the number of entries per school. Because of this, please enter your students in the order you want them pulled off the waitlist and into the tournament.
FEES: Each entry is $15.00. Please make checks payable to Arizona District - NSDA.
JUDGES: Each school MUST provide 1 judge for every 2 debaters entered.
The resolution is Resolved: Objective morality exists.
You can find information about the format, sample cases, sample ballots, and information on judging on the following link: NSDA website.
ALL ENTRIES are due by 4:00 p.m. Monday, March 23rd.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I choose to go to Nationals in Big Questions over my main event? No, if a student qualifies in a main event they must go in that event. However, if they qualify in World Schools they may choose to waive that invitation and attend Nationals in Big Questions
2. If I qualify for Big Questions, do I need to bring a judge to the National Tournament? YES, Each qualifier must provide a full-time judge for the entirety of the competition at the National Tournament. There is no option to buy-out the judge obligation. Students who do not provide a full-time judge will not be permitted to enter.
More details can be found at NSDABigQuestions.org.