HOW TO REGISTER
Please go to the registration page on this website and download the appropriate form (called Green Sheets) from there.
ENTRANTS IN ORIGINAL ORATORY AND INFORMATIVE SPEAKING MUST READ "PROCEDURES!"
1. Only students who are members of the National Speech and Debate Association AT LEAST SEVEN DAYS PRIOR to the tournament are eligible to enter. To be safe, all points must be on record at the National Office by Thursday, March 21, 2018. Students may only participate if their school is a current West LA District Chapter or Affiliate. As agreed upon by the Association of Secondary School Principals, a school must be a degree-granting institution as specified by the NSDA.
2. You need to enter your students on Joy of Tournaments. Our URL is www.joyoftournaments.com/NFL/WestLA.
3. Download and print the official GREEN SHEET form directly from the [Entries] page of this website. It must be scanned and sent to email@example.com by 3/21/2018.
4. Each student double-entering also needs to complete a “Single Entry Letter of Intent” form found here: https://www.speechanddebate.org/wp-content/uploads/District-Tournament-Single-Entry-Letter-of-Intent.pdf. Students may double enter in any two events, EXCEPT they may NOT enter both extemps or multiple debate events. If a student is entered in both an individual event and a team event, they MUST attend Nationals in the team event. It must be scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/21/2018.
5. All fees owed to the NSDA MUST be paid before you are allowed to compete in the tournament.They will not let you compete if the check is in transit to Ripon. Therefore, after March 21, any fees owed to the national office should be brought to the district tournament. Schools cannot compete if there is any outstanding balance to the NSDA.
6. The NSDA requires these forms be turned in no later than seven days before the tournament. Accordingly, the entry deadline for this tournament is Thursday, March 21, 2018 at 11:59 PM. It must be scanned and sent to email@example.com by
7. Bring payment of fees in the form of cash or check payable to West Los Angeles NFL District for your tournament entry.
8. If you do not enter judges by THURSDAY March 21 at 11:59 PM, we will assume you are hiring judge(s). The fees for hired judges CANNOT be waived or refunded after this date even if you bring enough judges to cover your entry the day of the tournament, as we have already made financial arrangements with the hired judges.
These are requirements imposed by the National Office. We cannot make exceptions. If you do not have all the required forms, and have not paid all the required fees, you will not be allowed to compete.