CX Debate 2019-2020 Topic
Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reduce Direct Commercial Sales and/or Foreign Military Sales of arms from the United States.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate March/April 2020 Topic
Resolved: Predictive policing is unjust.
Public Forum Debate April 2020 Topic
To Be Announced on March 1
- CX Format in Finals- We will use the national tournament final round cross-examination format in the final rounds of International and National Extemporaneous Speaking. The rules can be found in the National Tournament manual.
- Topic Areas- We will have a different topic area for each round of extemporaneous speaking. This year's topic areas are listed below. The order of the topic areas will be posted at the beginning of Round I of the tournament.
International Extemp Topic Areas
- Asia, China, Japan, India, and the Pacific Rim
- Europe and Russia and the former Soviet Republics
- Middle East
- International Relations, International Economy, and World issues
National Extemp Topic Areas
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- U.S. Politics
- U.S. Economy
- Health Care and Entitlement Programs (Welfare, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid)
- Education & Social Issues (Prisons, Media, Gay Marriage, Youth Violence, Etc, Etc.)
- Science, Technology, and the Environment
- Business and the U.S. Military