February 1st, 2019
Dear NSDA District Coaches,
I hope this letter finds you doing well. The national qualifying tournament is a little more than a month away. This letter contains some of the information you will need to get ready for the NSDA District Tournaments. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, or any of the other district committee members. If we cannot answer your questions, we will contact someone who can. Remember that our district and students benefit the most when we work together to achieve great things.
Webb City High School
621 N. Madison
Webb City, MO 64870
Phone: (417) 673-6010
Fax: (417) 673-6017
Cell: (417) 291-6861
Email: email@example.comIMPORTANT DATES:
∙ The district tournament is on March 15 & 16 at Diamond High School. The schedule for the tournament is enclosed.
∙ Entries and payment for the tournament are due on or before Feb 23rd. Make checks payable to “Carver-Truman NFL.” Please give or mail payments to Bryan Whyte at Carthage High School. DO NOT MAKE PAYMENTS TO WEBB CITY HIGH SCHOOL. PLEASE NOTE FEE AMOUNTS. THESE HAVE BEEN ARRANGED TO PAY FOR THE COST OF TROPHIES, HOSPITALITY ROOM, AND JUDGING.
- $12 per entry
- $25 chapter fee
- $100 judges bond
∙ The District Congressional Debate prelims will be Friday, April 5th, at Neosho High School. Supersession will be held at 4 p.m., Monday, April 8th, at Webb City High School. Each school may submit one piece of legislation for this tournament. David Watkins will be in charge of the event this year. Legislation is due by Feb 25th. Email submission is preferred. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: $10 per Congress entry
1. Scripts: You must have original sources and cuttings of scripts available at the tournament. We will not check these scripts before the start of the tournament, but you will need to be able to IMMEDIATELY present them in the event of a challenge.
2. Original Oratories: Copies of each oratory should be submitted with your entry to the tournament with a cover page, authorship verification, and counted quoted words.
3. Informative Speeches: Copies of each speech should be submitted with your entry to the tournament with a cover page, authorship verification, and counted quoted words.
4. Entries: Please consult the NSDA district manual to determine how many entries you are eligible to bring. This is based upon the number of degrees entered with NSDA two weeks prior to the tournament.
5. Estimated Entries: Please complete the enclosed estimated entry form. This form should be returned to me as soon as possible. Feel free to email, mail, or fax this back to me. This will be used by the committee to try and make sure we qualify the most students in each event that we can.
6. Double entry letters: A single entry form will be sent in a follow-up email. Please make enough copies and fill them out completely for ALL students that will be double entering at the tournament. Be sure to include all necessary signatures. THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE STUDENT MAY COMPETE IN BOTH EVENTS!!!
7. Judges: A judging form is enclosed. Please copy and distribute these to as many people as you can. Every school must bring one judge for every 6 entries.
There will be a $100 judges bond due by the time of entry. If your school fulfills the judging requirement, then you will get this bond back. If you do not meet your requirements, we will keep your bond. If you do not bring your required number of judges, then you may not strike any.
8. Payment of Fees: Remember that all bills must be paid current with the NSDA to participate in the district tournament. The national office is very strict about this portion of the rules. The district committee cannot pardon you.
9. We will register for the tournament using Tabroom. Registration opens February 15th and closes March 8th. We need your payment and entries earlier to be able to plan and fund the tournament.
* If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me. *
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!