- Student judges are qualified to judge NOVICE EVENTS ONLY if they are a junior or senior in high school with AT LEAST 150 NSDA points. The coach will be responsible for providing the verification to the league of the student's eligibility.
- All student judges must be registered in the "student judge" category on the judge section on JOT.
- In the "notes" section of the judge page, please enter the student's grade level and how many NSDA points this student has accrued.
- A student judge does not receive competition credit towards the 2-tournament requirement for attending Grand Finals.
- Because we are unable to see other schools' NSDA points online, we cannot verify the number of NSDA points registered student judges have on file. Coaches, if you have registered student judges, bring a printout of the points with you to the tournament.
PLEASE ENTER YOUR JUDGE CELL PHONE NUMBERS INTO THE JOY OF TOURNAMENTS
- 1 judge per every 10 entries or fraction thereof - judges need to be prepared to judge IE also
- 1 judge for every combination of 5 IE entries or fraction thereof
- 1 judge for every 2 Policy Debate entries or fraction thereof
- 1 judge for every 2 Public Forum entries or fraction thereof
- 1 judge for every 2 Lincoln Douglas entries or fraction thereof
- Register ALL judges on JOT.
- Make sure you distinguish any student judge from adult judges when registering on JOT.