Prosper High School UIL Invitational
(Large School/Small School)
Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive
Prosper, TX 75078
Prosper High School would like to invite you to the Prosper High School UIL Tournament. The tournament will be held on February 9-10, 2018. This tournament will offer all UIL Academic contests as well as a full slate of UIL/NSDA speech and debate events. There are four guaranteed rounds of debate.
In UIL Academic Events, we will have a small school category for schools 1A - 3A and a large school category for schools 4A - 6A. Private schools should contact the Academic Coordinator listed below to determine which category in which to compete.
WE ARE OFFERING ALL UIL ACADEMIC EVENTS USING UIL SET B MATERIALS.
We will provide computers and printing for all Journalism and Ready Writing events!
DEADLINES: Entries must be completed by February 2nd at 4:00 pm.
- Drops made after February 2nd at 4:00 pm will result in the loss of your entry fee.
- Drops made after 11:00 am on February 7th will result in the loss of DOUBLE your entry fee.
JUDGING: Each school will be required to provide judges. Uncovered Judge Fee: $150 per judge.
- CX Debate: One judge per two teams or part thereof
- LD Debate: One judge per two entries or part thereof
- PFD: One Judge per four teams or part thereof
- Speaking Events: One judge for each 6 entries or part thereof
- Academic Events: All schools will be required to judge/grade in the academic events in which they entered. Failure to participate in judging/grading will result in a judging fee of $150 being assessed after the meet unless prior arrangements are made with the tournament director in advance.
- Congressional Debate will use the TFA Spring 2018 Docket. Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school. Flat $25 judge fee.
- Academic Events: $10/entry. We will be using UIL-B materials (except in spelling--we will use ASW materials)
- Journalism/Ready Writing: Student computers and printers will be available, no need to bring your own!!!
- Computer Science: We will offer both written and hands-on CS. No entry limit.
- Prose/Poetry/Informative/Persuasive: $15/entry. We will not be checking documentation in interp (readers' choice). Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school.
- NSDA IEs: $10/entry. Initial entry limit of 6 entries per school.
Academic and Speech/Debate event cross-entries will be allowed, but rounds/tests will NOT be scheduled around conflicts nor will rounds/tests be held for conflicts.
Prohibited Speech/Debate Cross Entries:
HI and DI
CX, either LD, and/or PFD
CX and Informative/Persuasive Extemp
Any debate event
NSDA LD and Informative/Persuasive Extemp
As indicated in the schedule, as needed, we may flex final rounds to accomodate lingering cross entries
Hospitality Room: A coaches and judges hospitality room will be provided. Continental breakfast, a great lunch, and snacks will be served. A $30/school hospitality fee will be assessed.
Concession Stand: Concessions will include snacks and multiple hot entree items. An ATM is available on campus, but participants are encouraged to bring small bills.
Elise Calhoun, UIL Academic Coordinator
phone: 469-219-2180 x80442
Seth Phillips, J.D., Speech/Debate Coach
school: 469-219-2180 x 80209