GRANDVIEW HIGH SCHOOL
35th ANNUAL INVITATIONAL UIL MEET
This tournament is an NTDA qualifier
WHEN: February 10, 2018
WHERE: Grandview High School
ADDRESS: 1009 Carroll Lane Grandview, TX 76050
PHONE: 817 – 866 – 3320
FAX: 817 – 866 – 3351
UIL DIRECTOR: Julie Holloway - email@example.com
ALL UIL events offered, including a 9/10 and 11/12 division in Calculator, Mathematics, Number Sense, & Science
ENTRY DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 by noon
Due to the late entry date, refunds WILL NOT be given for drops. You may substitute another student for the dropped student.
Due to the large number of last minute Debate and Speech drops in prior years, there will be a $15.00 DROP FEE for dropping any Debate or Speech Event after the entry deadline.
UIL Test “B” (1st release date) and ASW Spelling Test (Computers used--Bring Earphones))
Large Schools (4A, 5A)
Small Schools (1A, 2A, 3A)
Medals, ribbons, and plaques will be awarded in both Large & Small School Divisions.
Entries should be made online at www.joyoftournaments.com
CX and LD Debaters may NOT enter any other events.
Prose & Poetry may not cross-enter each other but they may enter Extemp. Extemp may not cross-enter each other or debate but may cross-enter into Prose & Poetry.
A grader MUST be provided for each of the following events. (If unable to provide grader/judge you may opt to pay a $50.00 fee).
· READY WRITING:
· COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (Bring your own set-up with surge protector.) Set-up time: 7:30 a.m.
· JOURNALISM: A grader or a $50.00 fee must be provided for Journalism entries.
NOTE: ALL JOURNALISM GRADERS NEED TO REPORT TO ROOM 113 AT 10:00 AM FOR A BRIEF MEETING.
A judge MUST be provided for each of the following events or you may not enter contestants.
· POETRY, PROSE, INFORMATIVE, & PERSUASIVE: 1 judge REQUIRED for 1 – 8 entries and a judge or a $50.00 fee for every 8 entries thereafter. Speech judges, coaches, and any last minute Drops must report to the Junior High NO LATER than 7:30 a.m.
· CX DEBATE: 1 judge REQUIRED for 1 – 2 teams. A second judge or $50.00 fee for 3 – 4 teams.
· LD DEBATE: 1 judge REQUIRED for 1 – 2 entries. A second judge or $50.00 fee for 3 – 4 entries. If you have debaters in semis or finals, your judge is needed! Debate judges and any last minute drops must report to the Elementary NO LATER than 7:30 a.m. A single judge MAY NOT BE counted as meeting the requirements for both CX and LD debates. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide the judges you listed (or a substitute judge), your school will be billed for the necessary judging fees.
We will follow UIL rules at all times. TFA rules will not be allowed.
A concession stand for breakfast and lunch will be open all day in the High School Mezzanine area with the grill open from 10:30 until 3:00. A Hospitality Room will be provided in the High School Room 100.
POETRY & PROSE:
· Prelims: Category A
· Semis: Category B
· Finals: Reader’s Choice
NUMBER OF ENTRIES:
· Entries will be unlimited in the following events: Calculator, Mathematics, Number Sense, & Science.
· Entries limited to the first 80 in the following events: Poetry, Prose, Informative, & Persuasive.
· LD Debate limited to first 60 entries.
· CX Debate limited to first 22 teams.
· Computer Applications limited to first 70 entries.
· Each school may enter up to 6 students in each of the Journalism events.
· Each school may enter up to 8 entries in all other events.