CX Debate may not enter any other events but CX.
LD Debate may enter ONLY ONE IE event in addition to LD Debate.
Congressional Debate may enter ONLY ONE IE event and are only guaranteed one round in that
IE due to Congressional Debate schedule conflicts..
IE/Duo may enter up to five events in Section A, but may only enter ONE speaking event (either
Persuasive or Informative NOT BOTH).
You may enter only one Debate event in Section B/C. NO CROSS-ENTERS IN DEBATE.
Only entries from coaches or school officials will be accepted. All entries will be made via Joy of Tournaments. Entries will be accepted until full; therefore, please enter early.
>Original entry fees will be set at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
>Site will close at noon on Wednesday, January 11th.
>For any drops after this deadline, schools will forfeit the original entry fee.
>If you have any name changes or additions to judges after noon on January 11th,
please email Jonni Davis firstname.lastname@example.org.
>Drops made after 4:00 PM on Friday, January 13, 2017, will be charged a flat
drop fee of $20 in addition to forfeiting the original entry fee.
>ALL judges should be entered with competitors' entries. Judges MUST be entered by 6:00
PM on Monday, January 10, 2017.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR FIRST JUDGE IN EACH DEBATE DIVISION. WE NEED YOUR JUDGES NOT YOUR MONEY.
You MUST bring 1 judge for every 2 CX teams or portion thereof OR FORFEIT YOUR CX ENTRIES AND FEES.
You MUST bring 1 judge for every 4 LD competitors or portion thereof.
You MUST bring 1 judge for every 8 IE entries or portion thereof.
You MUST bring 1 judge for every 6 Congress entries or portion thereof.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MOVE QUALIFIED JUDGES TO GREATEST AREA OF NEED.
- Please bring experienced and qualified judges in order to help us provide a quality judging experience. If you have questions, please email me. NO NOVICE JUDGES!
- Any additional judges you may bring in an event area where your school is not overly committed will be appreciated.
WE WILL RESPECT THE UIL POLICY OF NO DISCLOSURE AND NO CRITIQUES. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST MAKE AN EDUCATIONAL COMMENT FOLLOWING A ROUND, PLEASE RESTRICT YOUR TIME TO 5 MINUTES OR LESS.
***Please note that if your judges are NOT present when needed, your school will be assessed a $20 per round nuisance fee.
**All judges must be available for each round!**
EVENT RULES AND TOPICS
The LD topic will be the Spring UIL Topic: RESOLVED: .
The CX/Policy Debate topic will be the 2015-2016 topic: Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its economic and/or diplomatic engagement with the People's Republic of China.
Congressional Debate will use the TFA docket items - Prelims - Items 1-15; Super Congress - Items 16-30.
Congressional Debate Fall Docket may be found at txfa.weebly.com/congress.html
Prose and Poetry will use Category A for Round 1 and Category B for round 2. Round 3 will be Speaker's Choice.
The UIL Rules will serve as guidelines for UIL events.
NSDA Rules will serve for all other events.
We will award top six in each event based on cummulative record on the day.
- No smoking on campus property.
- Judges must check in for ballots at least 15 minutes prior to each round scheduled. All judges entered to fulfill obligations are consider stand-by, if not already assigned, until all ballots are distributed.
- Coaches will be allowed to pick up completed ballots after tabulation for each round.
- A full concession stand with meal options will be available.
- Students cross-entered in extemp should check in with extemp first to determine procedures for cross-entries.
- An adult sponsor must be in attendance at all times.
- No students will be allowed to enter rooms without a judge present.
- Anyone caught stealing or destroying property will be escorted with his or her team off campus.
- We will accelerate the schedule when possible (especially debate elim rounds) - it is NOT advisable that you leave campus. If you leave campus and miss a round - that round will be forfeited in accordance with UIL Rules.
- NO oral critiques will be given in Oral Interpretation rounds.
- Rounds will not be held more than 15 minutes. It is the competitor’s responsibility to check in at all rounds.
***Please remind your students that are cross-entered that they need to sign into their rooms and compete as quickly as possible. We do not want to jeopardize the timeliness of the tournament for late arrivals and no shows to rounds.