2017 Space City NFL District Tournament
April 20, 21, and 22, 2017
Spring Woods High School
**SCHEDULE UPDATED, PLEASE CHECK THE SCHEDULE TAB**
MY PLEA TO YOU: PLEASE READ EVERY WORD OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE AND ON THE OTHER TABS AND CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
It is vitally important for everyone to understand that this tournament, above all others, is absolutely the most tedious to prepare and run for everyone involved. As coaches, YOU have so many details YOU must take care of if you want your students to be able to compete in this tournament. The committee cannot and will not allow a school to enter and compete if the requirements have not been met.
That being said . . . I hope you are ready, because it is time to qualify to NFL Nationals! Here we come Birmingham Alabama!
The Space City NFL District Committee is pleased to invite you to this year’s national qualifying tournament. We look forward to your participation in one of the most exciting and the most important tournaments of the year, and we eagerly anticipate the selection of the finest slate of competitors to represent our district at the NFL Nationals in Birmingham this June.
Your District Committee is working hard to provide you with the best tournament possible. We want to hear about your concerns and help you with your questions, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Cecil Trent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Beard: email@example.com
Lillian Ogunbanjo Adeyemi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terrick Brown: email@example.com
Perry Beard: firstname.lastname@example.org
The District Tournament will be a three day event.
The Speech & Interpretation events will be tabulated by using the Up-Down system.
The Debate events will continue to use the traditional up/down method: two losses and the debater or team will be eliminated from the tournament.
Please consult the NFL National manuals so that you are fully aware of all NFL Rules prior to the tournament. Some Rules have changed so prepare yourself by reading the manuals.
- Entries are due April 13th on the joyoftournaments.com website.
- You will need to bring the originals, with all required signatures, to registration for the district tournament.
- You will need to turn in a copy of all competing oratories and informatives with a proper cover page.
- Interpretation: Please look carefully at the registration form and complete all the required information.
- All students who are entered in two events must complete a Single Letter of Intent form and bring it with the original entry. (This includes students in the top seven of both chambers of Congress.)
- Registration Form
- Single Entry Letter of Intent
- Bonus Entry Form
Although there will be no double entries at Nationals, the District Committee has been given autonomy to approve double entry at our tournament. Please review the following points of clarification:
1. No triple entry is allowed at the District Tournament.
2. Students may only enter one team event. We can allow all possible double entries except Policy/Duo, Duo/Public Forum, and Policy/Public Forum. Students may only enter one debate event. Students may only enter one Extemp Event.
3. If a student qualifies in a team event and solo event, the student must compete in the team event [Policy, Duo, and Public Forum] unless both students qualify in an individual event and indicate that on their single letter of intent form.
4. A student who is double entered in two events at the District Tournament must determine in advance, in writing, signed by the student, coach, parent/guardian, and principal, the event that he/she will enter at the National Tournament if they qualify in both. Students may not double enter at District without turning in the "National Tournament-Single Entry-Intent to Enter Form". This form is available for downloading from NFL online. Also note that if a Student finished in the top seven in Congress and is entered in another event, they must declare whether they will enter Congress or the other event at Nationals. (Please make duplicate copies of this form to have available for your students in the event that they are desirous of double entering, or are available to compete in another event if your school has not filled its quota.) These forms must be turned in at the time of registration, along with the official entry form, with signatures of the coach, principal, and students.
5. NFL has stressed the importance of schools paying outstanding balances owed to NFL prior to the District Tournament. Please remember that schools CANNOT compete if they have an outstanding balance with the National Office. They must either pay in advance or at the registration of the District Tournament. The district chair is required to send all monies collected within 48 hours of the district tournament. Otherwise, district results will be in jeopardy. Do not delay!