San Fran Bay NFL District Tournaments Invitation
District Tournament Dates and Locations
|March 23 & 24
All Debates & Congress
El Cerrito HS
Tournament Entry at http://www.joyoftournaments.com/
- Your entry for Debate and Congress must be entered on the Joy of Tournaments website by Friday, March 16, 2018 at 6pm.
- You still must fill out a tournament entry form, including signatures and proof of membership for each entry or alternate. Please turn in this completed form to Terence Abad before the tournament begins on Friday, March 23. All forms can be downloaded from the NSDA website by searching for "forms" and then locating the District Tournament Speech and Debate Entry Form.
- Drops for Debate and Congress may be made without charge through Wednesday, March 21st at noon. At that time, fees will be assessed and no refunds will be issued for late drops.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR STUDENT POINTS ENTERED 7 DAYS BEFORE THE DATE OF EACH OF THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENTS. FOR DEBATE/CONGRESS, THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 16TH AT 4:00 PM CST (2:00 PM PST).
Proof of Entry
- Proof of status may be made in including the following:
- Your latest chapter status report
- A copy of the students' membership card
- A copy of the latest NSDA report for the student dated by the NSDA
- This also applies for alternates for competitors.
Fees, Judges, & Other Details
PLEASE NOTE THAT, IN GENERAL, JUDGES MUST BE COLLEGE SOPHOMORES OR OLDER EXCEPT IN POLICY DEBATE, WHERE WE WILL ALLOW COLLEGE FRESHMEN TO JUDGE IF THEY ARE NOT FORMER GGSA/SAN FRAN BAY LEAGUE COMPETITORS.
- All fees must be paid with registration and made out to GGSA/District Fees.
- If you have not already paid your $100 NSDA District school fee ($50 for schools only competing in Individual Events), it must be included with your other fees.
- The other fees are as follows:
- $40.00 for each debate team (policy or public forum)
- $25.00 for each LD entry
- $40.00 for each DUO team
- $25.00 for each I.E. or Congress entry
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES WILL BE ALLOWED AGAIN THIS YEAR. MATERIAL PRINTED FROM ONLINE SERVICES ARE PERMITTED IN THE EXTEMP PREP ROOM AND AS DEBATE EVIDENCE.
- DUTIES: ALL STUDENTS ENTERED MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COACH/TEACHER WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSIGNED DUTIES THROUGHOUT THE TOURNAMENT. Those duties are not finished until the final round begins.
- DEBATE AND CONGRESS JUDGES - Please be sure to enter full judge information (name, e-mail address, any conflicts) via www.joyoftournaments.com.
- JUDGES FOR PRELIMS - For PF, CX, and LD, bring one judge for every entry. For Congress, you must bring one judge for every five entries. If you would like the district to hire judges on your behalf, please email Terry Abad (email@example.com) to let him know how many judges you need hired. We will try to recruit the hired judges. The advantage of hiring through the NSDA district is that the hired judges will be able to judge all teams.
- Regarding rules, please refer to the NSDA District Tournament Operations Manual.