We hope to see each of you and your debate competitors at the 2017 District Debate Qualifiers. This year’s debate competition will take place at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School Ridgeland, Mississippi on March 24-25.
Students that place in the top 2-3 (depending on entry numbers) will represent the Mississippi District this summer at the National Forensic League National Tournament in Birmingham, Alabama on June 18-23.
Below are a few reminders to follow:
· Students may only enter one debate event.
· If a student enters a debate event and duo interpretation it must be the same partnership in both.
· REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE AT JOYOFTOURNAMENTS.COM AS WELL AS A HARD COPY SENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW.
· Please read all materials provided on this website (or mailing) as well as the NSDA District Tournament Manual to understand how the tournament works.
· All deadlines should be followed exactly. Failure to do so could result in your students not being able to compete.
· All competitors competing at any of the three NSDA Qualifiers MUST have earned at least 25 NSDA points
· Students may use computers for debate, but no connectivity is allowed. If a student or team is caught online, disqualification will take place.
If you have any questions please contact me. E-mail is best. Please do not make assumptions.
We hope that this will be a fun weekend for all, but it will take us all working together in order to do that. Again, if you need to contact me, you can in the following ways:
School phone: 601.554.7270
Cell Phone: 601.498.9337
Fax Number: 601.545.1229
Please mail all registration materials to
9254 Old River Road
Petal, Ms 39465