The Magnolia Forensic League
is proud to welcome you to
The NSDA Individual Event Qualifiers
We hope to see each of you and your team at the 2017 District Individual Event Qualifiers. This year’s individual event competition will take place at Oak Grove High School on March 31-April 1, 2017.
Students who place in the top 2-3 (depending on entry numbers) at this event will represent the Mississippi District this summer at the National Speech and Debate Association Tournament in Birmingham, Alabama.
Below are a few reminders to follow:
· Students may only enter two events total (individual event and debate) Each school also has a limit depending on the number of degrees they have.
· If a student enters a debate event and duo interpretation it must be the same partnership in both.
· REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE AT JOYOFTOURNAMENTS.COM AS WELL AS A HARD COPY SENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW.
· Please read all materials provided on this website (or mailing) as well as the NSDA District Tournament Manual to understand how the tournament works.
· All deadlines should be followed exactly. Failure to do so could result in your student not being able to compete at National Qualifiers.
· ALL COMPETITORS competing at any of the three NFL National Qualifiers MUST have at least a Degree of Merit (25 NFL points).
· If you have any questions please contact me. E-mail is best. Please do not make assumptions.
Extemporaneous Topic Areas will be drawn blindly each round to determine the first four rounds and the process will be repeated until the Final round of competition. The extemp topics for this competition will be provided by the National Speech and Debate Association. The topic areas will post to the website once they have been emailed to the District Chair approximately one week prior to the tournament.
We hope that this will be a fun weekend for all, but it will take us all working together in order to do that. Again, if you need to contact me, you can in the following ways:
School phone: 601.554.7270
Cell Phone: 601.498.9337
Fax Number: 601.545.1229
Please mail all registration materials to
9254 Old River Road
Petal, MS 39465