Deep South District Congress
We hope that you will join us on Saturday, February 18th for the Deep South District Congress which will be held on the campus of Ramsay High School in Birmingham, Alabama. This will be the first portion of our District Competition for the State of Alabama that will qualify students to the National Speech & Debate Association's National Tournament to be held this year in Birmingham. I have listed below a few features for this district competition.
1) All schools participating must be National Speech & Debate Association member schools.
2) All students competing must be National Speech & Debate Assocation members and must have registered with the NSDA - there should be a yellow star by their name on your membership roster.
3) All National Speech & Debate Association rules will apply to this competition.
4) We will begin at 12:30 pm and will conclude at 6:00 pm, so please plan on having lunch prior to Congress.
5) Legislation must be submitted to Jay Rye by Thursday, February 8th and legislation must be submitted by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org in a pdf format. Legislation will be emailed to all participating schools by Monday, February 12th. Please make copies for your students as extra copies will not be distributed at the tournament.
6) Reminder that any student wishing to run for P.O. must do so in writing by February 8th as well.
7) Please Participate In Your District Tournament.
8) Deadline for your entry is Saturday, February 11th at 5:00 pm. Changes can be made until Wednesday, February 15th and Drop Fees will occur after 12:00 pm on the 2nd.
9) ALL PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS MUST PROVIDE AN UNAFFLIATED JUDGE PER NSDA DEFINITION OF AN UNAFFILIATED JUDGE. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THIS, PLEASE ASK.