Time to think about the national qualifiers – IE/Debate! The Capitol Valley NSDA District will hold its national qualifying contest on April 6-7. (See schedule attached). This will be a two-day format.
Granite Bay High School
1 Grizzly Way, Granite Bay, CA 95746
LD: MARCH/APRIL NSDA TOPIC: Resolved: The United States ought to provide a universal basic income.
PUBLIC FORUM: April NSDA TOPIC: Resolved: The United States federal government should increase its quota of H-1B visas.
POLICY: 2017-2018 NSDA TOPIC: Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its funding and/or regulation of elementary and/or secondary education in the United States.
FIND IN ATTACHED TABS:
- A schedule of the entire weekend
- Entry Limits that indicates how large your entry can be based on the number of degrees your school has 7 days before the tournament. Note that duo, public forum and policy teams count as one entry for the quota system!
- A link to all the FORMS you need to bring to the tournament
ENTER THE TOURNAMENT THROUGH JOY OF TOURNAMENTS:
- Step 1: Enter on Joy of Tournaments.
- DEADLINE by Wednesday, April 4th. This allows time for me to check numbers of entries and call to make sure our entries are large enough to get qualifiers.
- Work fast. Please make sure that your entry is firm and that you take full advantage of the spots given to you.
- STEP 2: Print, complete, and bring the entry form with required signatures to the tournament on April 6 for debate or April 7 for schools with IE-only entries. You should download a pre-populated entry form directly from the [Entries] page of this website as soon as you've registered your team.
- Bring entry fee and entry form to the tournament. $10.00 per student per event.
- Remember to provide one judge for every four students, or portion thereof.
- We follow NFL rules and guidelines.
- Appear promptly so that we don’t have a late tournament.
- The computer now checks proof of membership for each student entered and blocks non-members
- Bring original sources for humorous/dramatic/duo entries AND a highlighted photocopy.
- Bring typed copies of your original oratories, signed by the student, the principal, and the coach.
- A Single Letter of Intent is required if a student enters 2 IE events or IE and debate or Congress and an IE or Congress and debate. This is a new form and is attached.
- TURN IN YOUR POINTS TO INCREASE NUMBERS YOU CAN BRING!
I am sending e-mail attachments of the above documents to all Capitol Valley NSDA Chapter and Affiliate schools. Please call me, if you have any questions. 916-397-2364 (cell).