To all coaches in the West Los Angeles District: hello! Welcome to the 2017 West Los Angeles NSDA District Congress Tournament! We've thrilled to have you as a part of our district. We want to make sure that you have a fun, fair, competitive, and educational experience, and we're happy to answer any questions you might have. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 1-818-605-8065.
(If you're looking for Speech/Debate registration, try http://www.joyoftournaments.com/nfl/WestLA/)
Location: 14701 Friar Street, Van Nuys CA 91411.
TOPICS OF DEBATE:
- Check back here two weeks before the tournament itself for the bills and resolutions.
Make sure you read all of the enclosed information if you plan on attending the CONGRESSIONAL DEBATE National Qualifying District Tournament!
- 3/13/2017: All students entering Congress Quals must have joined the National Speech and Debate Association.
- 3/16/2017: Entries are due for Congress Quals through this website, INCLUDING both of the forms listed below.
- 3/19/2017: First drop deadline--entries can drop without paying a fee.
- 3/21/2017: Last drop deadline--entries can drop, but will have to pay the full entry fee.
- 3/24/201: The Congress tournament itself is held at iLEAD North Hollywood (14701 Friar Street, Van Nuys CA 91411).
FORMS (please send all forms ELECTRONICALLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a scanner, there's an app called Tiny Scanner that can turn any pictures into PDFs):
- Any student that will double-enter in Congress and any other Speech or Debate event must submit the Association's DOUBLE-ENTRY form. It must be signed by the STUDENT, GUARDIAN, COACH, and PRINCIPAL. Here it is: https://www.speechanddebate.org/district-tournament-single-letter-entry-of-intent/.
- The team must turn in the District Congress SCHOOL ENTRY form (accessed from the [ENTRIES] page). It must be signed by the STUDENTS, COACH, and PRINCIPAL.
If you want to see the specific instructions our judges (who will be unaffiliated community judges) will receive, please see this link: https://www.speechanddebate.org/sample-congressional-debate-ballot-districts/
TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE/CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Iain Lampert, iLEAD North Hollywood (District Chair/Tournament Director) -- email@example.com
- Leilani McHugh, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy -- LMcHugh@fsha.org
- Eleanor Nishioka, Hart High School -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Lebeda, Chaminade College Prep -- email@example.com
- Kapil Anand, Sierra Canyon School -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about eligibility & points should be directed to the main office of the National Speech and Debate Assocation at 920-748-6206 or email@example.com.