Southern MN NSDA
Congressional Debate District Tournament 2017 -2018
November 8, 2017
1. The 2017 - 2018 Southern MN NSDA District Congress will take place at the Minnesota State Capitol in State Office Builiding. Our tournament will run in conjunction with the Central MN NSDA District qualifying tournament. More information about the building and rooms will be sent out as we approach the date.
2. All registration will take place on the Joy of Tournaments website. Just use the URL listed here and register your students on or before November 1st.
3. Each participating school is allowed 2 pieces of legislation for use at the district congress on November8th. In order to make this work for everyone to have ample time to prepare for the district congress I would like all legislation sent to me in Word format no later than Monday October 23rd, 2017. This will allow me to put it all together and send it out to all participating programs as well as post it on the Joy of Tournaments website two full weeks before the district congress. Send your legislation to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Remember that all students you wish to enter into the NSDA District Congress must be members on record with the NSDA Main Office no later than Tuesday November 1st, 2017. Please note that the deadline is a Wednesday this year because we are holding the NSDA District Congress the following Wednesday and the NFL requires 7 days between registering students and any district compettion they wish to participate in.
6. Remember that Southern MN NSDA doesn’t charge any entry fees for participating in the District Congress.
7. Each school must provide a coach who is able to serve as a judge for Central Minnesota, and Central Minnesota will provide coaches that will judge our students. Each judge will be paid $35 stipend by the other district. Please note any conflicts your judge may have.
8. Keep in mind that you may only enter the number of students allowed by your level of members and degrees on record with the NSDA on or before November 1st. The more members and degrees you have the more students you may enter at the district congress. You can view the the Southern MN Membership Report through this link: http://points.speechanddebate.org/points_application/reports.php
9. A minimum of 8 schools attending the Southern MN NSDA District Congress guarantees a Senate. Additionally, if we hit 8 schools and have at least 61 representatives entered we will have three House Chambers and be able to send a third representative to nationals! Your participation will provide the maximum amount of opportunities for Southern MN students to qualify to the 2018 NSDA National Tournament in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.