TO ALL CHAPTERS AND AFFILIATES IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN SOUTH DISTRICT NFL/NSDA
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE ENCLOSED MATERIAL
April 21 - 22, 2017 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT AT GOLDEN HIGH SCHOOL
Entries in the District Tournament are based on members and degrees one week prior to the Tournament. Thus, only those students who are members of the NFL as of April 14, 2016 can participate in the District Tournament.
April 8, 2017 TYPEWRITTEN COPY OF ANY ORATION OR INFORMATIVE THAT MAY BE USED AT DISTRICT TOURNAMENT IS DUE. THE COPY MUST INCLUDE IDENTIFICATION OF QUOTED WORDS, A WORKS CITED PAGE, AND BE SIGNED BY BOTH COACH AND STUDENT.
April 14, 2017 ANY STUDENT COMPETING IN THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT MUST BE ON RECORD AT THE NATIONAL OFFICE.
April 14, 2016 FINAL REGISTRATIONS FOR DISTRICT TOURNAMENT DUE TO JOY OF TOURNAMENTS
C. “BONUS ENTRY FORM” (IF APPLICABLE)
D. A CHECK FOR ENTRY FEES FIGURED AT $20.00 PER STUDENT ($40.00 PER DEBATE OR DUO TEAM).
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:
ROCKY MOUNTAIN SOUTH NFL
AND MAIL TO:
12680 W 38th Dr.
Wheatridge, CO 80033
RULES FOR THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT
1. QUOTAS FOR ENTRY -- BOTH CHAPTER AND AFFILIATE SCHOOLS:
The number of entries allowed each school is determined by the total number of members and degrees on record as of April 14. 2016. (A team of 2 counts as one entry.)
SEE QUOTA SYSTEM IN THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS MANUAL
AND THE ENTRIES ALLOWED PAGE
2 If a chapter has sufficient members and degrees to enter 14 or more students, and that chapter enters a minimum of 2 students in all of the following events: CX, LD, PFD, OO, FX, USX, DI, HI, INF, POI and DUO INTERP, that chapter is allowed 2 extra entries. To do this, the “bonus entry form” must be appropriately signed and returned with the “Final Registration” forms.
3. Students may double enter in THIS TOURNAMENT. See Double Entry Rules page for details
4. For the current CX, LD, and PF topics: SEE APPROPRIATE ROSTRUM or go to www.speeechanddebate.org
5. Scheduling of events and debate will follow the format in the District Tournament Operations Manual.
6. Note the rules for Extemp Prep. Refer to Manual. (Reminder: no notecards for Extemp)
7. Note the rules for Original Oratory and Informative: refer to Manual. (reminder: nothing electronic -- including battery powered for Informative)
8. Note the rules of Drama, humor and Duo Interpretation. Refer to Manual. (reminder: no scripts)
9. As per NFL rules, computers may be used in all debate events (but no internet connection).
10. Register online through Joy of Tournaments. If you have question about this, contact Tammie..
11. Reminder: Coaches may strike specific judges for specific students only with cause provided in writing to the District Committee. The Committee decision will be final. Coaches assigned by the judges’ table may not be struck.
12. Necessary forms for registration not included in this packet should be obtained from the NFL website and Joy of Tournaments
13. Fax , email, or mail all forms to one of the following addresses:
12680 W. 38th Dr.
Wheatridge, CO 80033
(Home Fax): 720-596-4884 (If fax says “busy” please call my home
[303-456-6852] and we will get off-line so that you may fax.)
DISTRICT TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY, April 21,2016
REGISTRATION: 1:30 PM. – 2:00 PM. -- GOLDEN HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA
THE ENTIRE TEAM MUST BE PRESENT AT GOLDEN TO REGISTER.
SCHEDULING: 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM. -- ALL COACHES MUST BE IN TAB ROOM AT 2:00 PM FOR SCHEDULING.
STUDENTS MUST REMAIN IN CAFETERIA
NOTE: ONLY THE COACH MAY REGISTER THE TEAM FOR THE TOURNAMENT.
NOTE: ONLY STUDENTS WHO ARE ON SITE BY 2:00 PM WILL BE SCHEDULED IN THE TOURNAMENT UNLESS THE COACH HAS CALLED 720-320-7865 (Tammie’s cell phone) TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY THAT CAUSES THE STUDENT TO ARRIVE LATE.
RD. 1: 3:00 PM
While no rounds will begin later than 9:30 PM, there may be rounds beginning as late as 9:15 pm.
Every effort will be made to get through all preliminary rounds for Friday.
SATURDAY, April 22, 2016
Rounds begin at 8:00 am.
There will be a District meeting of coaches on Saturday.
AWARDS: 8:30 pm OR EARLIER.
If you have further questions, please feel free to call me on my cell (720-320-7865).
For the District