Welcome to the East Kansas National Speech and Debate District Policy Debate Tournament. The tournament will be held at Olathe Northwest High School on December 8th and 9th.
Registration for judges and entries will close at 4pm on Friday, December 1st.
This is a firm deadline, and schools may only enter the number of teams for which they can provide judges. No new judges will be accepted after December 1st.
General notes about the qualifying tournament:
- Don’t forget that debaters must be NSDA members one week prior to the tournament.
- Rounds are closed until a round that may determine a national qualifier. No scouting allowed.
- Prep time will be 5 minutes per team per round.
- Please take a few moments to look over your district manual and the NSDA District Tournament manual so you are aware of all the rules regarding the tournament.
Don’t forget your judge and sponsor requirements for the novice tournament. Below are some notes about the novice tournament. Novice registration does NOT occur through Joy of Tournaments.
- Please make sure your adult sponsor is VISIBLE.
- If you plan to use advanced debaters to judge, please remind them of appropriate ballot-writing techniques. We will, as always, be awarding the much-coveted “Best Novice Judge Ballot” awards.
- Students must have at least 150 NSDA debate points to be a judge at NSDA (adults don’t have to be members of NSDA…). This is the guideline established in the National Manual.