August 23, 2017
Charlotte Latin School enthusiastically invites you to attend our fifth annual Corona Rostrensis - the crown at the place of the rostrum - on Saturday, November 4, 2017. Our students, parents, faculty, and community are working tirelessly to make your visit to Charlotte Latin the highlight of your year.
We are excited to offer several unique features to our tournament. Some of this year’s highlights will include:
- Four preliminary rounds, plus a final round for all events.
- A ballot review room for coaches and results posted online after each round.
- Beautiful 16" busts of Cicero to the champions of each event, supporting trophies to the top six competitors of each event, and crystal sweepstakes cups for the top three overall schools.
- Judge strikes in Policy Debate, Lincoln Douglas Debate, and Public Forum Debate as the size of the field in each event permits.
- Exciting hospitality features including unique concession stand offerings, a fantastic judges’ lounge buffet, excellent hired judging, and an exciting awards ceremony.
You must make your initial entries on Joy of Tournaments by 5:00 PM EDT on Friday, October 20, so that we can estimate the number of schools and students attending. Schools with existing entries may continue to add and drop without forfeiting competitor entry fees until 5:00 PM EDT on Friday, October 27. Please carefully read all posted information regarding the operation of our tournament and contact us should you have questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our fifth annual Corona Rostrensis!
Director of Forensics