The patriot debates 2017
You and your team are invited to the Patriot Debates at Centennial High School
Friday October 20th and Saturday October 21st 2017
Divisions: Open Policy, LD, PF, Congress, and IE’s! Novices are encouraged to observe!
Topics: We will use the national policy topic (Education topic).We will use the October topics in both PF and LD. We are offering 4 preliminary debates and will be breaking to quarter finals. Congress will use the same docket used at the Metro Invitational at Capital High School and every other fall invitational in district 3.
Judges: Please supply judges to cover your entry (LD and PF are 1 judge per 4 entries and Policy is 1 judge per 2 entries. IE’s is 1 judge per every 5 entries). Indicate your judges’ preferences to judge policy, PF, LD or all divisions. Judges will be HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to give brief oral critiques. Please make sure your judges stick around for out rounds.
We will be offering Individual Events on Friday and Debate events on Saturday! Speech Events offered will follow Idaho High School Activities Association’s rules. If an event has less than 10 entries when registration closes, it will be cancelled. All coaches will be notified of any cancelled events Wednesday afternoon. Events offered are Informative Speaking, Original Oratory, Extemporaneous Speaking, Impromptu, After Dinner Speaking, Salesmanship, Oratorical Analysis, Humorous Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Retold Story, Panel Discussion, POI and Radio Speaking. All events will be open division, no novice category will be offered. Students may only double enter if one of the events is not a draw event (i.e. Radio, Extemp, Retold) or Panel Discussion.
The Panel topics TBA
Coaches, please inform your debaters, parents and judges:
· DEBATERS MUST NOT GO INTO ROOMS WITHOUT JUDGES. Wait in cafeteria when not in a round, please.
· Concessions will be provided. Please have your students buy them :)
· ALL: WATER ONLY IN CLASSROOMS (no food). PLEASE RESPECT THE TEACHER’S SPACE AND POSSESSIONS. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES.
· POLICY TEAMS HAVE 5 MIN OF PREP TIME. LDERS WILL HAVE 4 MINUTES OF PREP TIME. PF DEBATERS WILL HAVE 2 MINUTES OF PREP TIME.
· JUDGES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO GIVE ORAL CRITIQUES IN DEBATE ROUNDS AS LONG AS THEY STAY ON SCHEDULE. PLEASE FILL OUT BALLOTS, AS WELL.
· The judges’ lounge will be located in rooms 102 and 103.
· We will be giving out t-shirts to all out round participants in debate and t-shirts to all finalists in IE’s.