Palm Beach Catholic Forensic League Tournament Invitation
DATE: Saturday, January 21
HOST SCHOOL: Olympic Heights High School, 20101 Lyons Road, Boca Raton, 33434
Tuesday, January 17, is the last day for registering students and entering meals.
Wednesday, January 18, at 4pm is the last opportunity to drop students before the website shuts down. Drop fees will go into effect at that time.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE AT A PBCFL PRIOR TO GRAND FINALS IN FEBRUARY!
- This is a varsity and novice tournament. Any student, varsity or novice, will be allowed to compete in Declamation, Dramatic Performance, Duo Interpretation, Mixed Extemporaneous, Oral Interpretation, Original Oratory, Lincoln Douglas, Public Forum, Congressional Debate, and Team Debate (pending enough entries).
- Novice students will be allowed to compete in Novice Original Oratory.
- This tournament is a "CLOSED CAMPUS." No student may leave campus at any time. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the tournament as well as disciplinary action upon returning to the student's school site.
- All schools must register on the Joy of Tournaments website in order to legitimately participate in this competition.
- Legislation will be posted on the Palm Beach Catholic Forensic League web site (www.pbcfl.net).
ENTRY PROCEDURES and REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- You may register 8 entries/teams in each event, with the exception of nd Novice Oratory, where you may register 12 entries.
- No changes will be made after the drop deadline to accommodate students left alone in a house ... please plan accordingly.
- Double-check your registration. No student will be added to the tournament on the morning of the tournament.
- Register ALL Observers - you are limited to 8 observers maximum.
- There is no cost for observers; however, all observers will be dressed as a competitor and will wear a nametag that you will supply. The nametag must have the student name, the school name and the coach name displayed clearly.
STUDENTS IN ROOMS!
No contestant or student observer shall enter or remain in a contest room without an adult judge present.