Palm Beach Catholic Forensic League:
The Kristen Taylor Novice Championship Tournament Invitation and Information
DATE: Saturday, April 1
HOST SCHOOL: Boca Raton High School, 1501 NW 15th Court, Boca Raton FL 33486
HOST COACH: Phyllis Pacilli, (561) 386-1051 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a novice-only tournament.
- Novice students will be allowed to compete in Declamation, Dramatic Performance, Duo Interpretation, Mixed Extemporaneous, Oral Interpretation, Original Oratory, Lincoln Douglas, Public Forum, Congressional Debate, and Policy Debate (pending enough entries).
- A "novice" is considered any student who is in their first year of debate competition.
- This tournament is a "CLOSED CAMPUS". No student may leave campus at any time. Violation of this rule will result in disqualification from the tournament as well as disciplinary action upon returning to the student's school site.
- All schools must register on the Joy of Tournaments website in order to legitimately participate in this competition.
- Legislation will be posted as full-text on the PBCFL site (www.pbcfl.net).
- Script information (DP, OI Poetry, OI Prose, Duo, OO, Dec,) MUST be entered for all interpers - ISBN/URL, Author(s), Title(s)
- All events are single-entry.
ENTRY PROCEDURES and REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- You may register up to 8 entries per event.
- You may only enter 3 students per chamber. (The PBCFL reserves the right to collapse houses and modify this rule when necessary.)
- Once registration closes, houses may be balanced and students may be shifted to another chamber. All efforts will be made to keep the same group of students together.
- No changes will be made after the Wednesday 4 p.m. drop deadline to accommodate students left alone in a house ... please plan accordingly.
- There will be no adds after registration closes on Tuesday, March 28, at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 29, is the last day for switching students.
- Double-check your registration. No student will be added to the tournament on the morning of the tournament.
- Register ALL Observers - you are limited to 8 observers maximum.
- There is no cost for observers; however, all observers will be dressed as a competitor and will wear a nametag that you will supply. The nametag must have the student name, the school name and the coach name displayed clearly.